Ford Interceptor Custom DRL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Interceptor Custom DRL

Just started this project a few days ago. Starting with the stock housing and am currently playing with some different emitters to see what will work best and ultimately look the best. So far I just have a mock u of some chips to get an estimate of the output. Im using a custom controller board to control animations and brightness, etc.

Also, has anyone used PLCC-4 LED SMD chips before?
    Last edited by emerica243; February 22nd, 2019, 05:17 AM.

LEDPODz VS PowerLEDs. Looks pretty much the same to me. Heat felt the same after running for a 10 minutes. I think PowerLED looks brighters and also spreads more because of the orentation of the LEDS being horizontal giving you more area on a DRL type application.

Comment

Some progress

Comment

Thats looks amazing! I like the slow fade form white to amber would be a cool effect for turning the blinker on or off

Comment

Originally posted by emerica243 View Post
          Also, has anyone used PLCC-4 LED SMD chips before?
          i did some tinkering with the form factor, but generally gravitated towards plcc2. at the time (3-ish years ago), they had similar output, but plcc2 had only 2 pins(1 anode/1 cathode), where plcc4 had 4 pins(3 anode, 1 cathode iirc), which made custom layouts more irritating to design with almost no benefit. that could have changed in more recent days, but currently i'm on a Pointled kick, so haven't looked.
          The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
          X