2004 Trailblazer tail light retro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Trailblazer tail light retro

Some may remember me, if not here is a little back story.
    I came on here to learn about LEDs and to build LED tail lights for a 1993 GMC Jimmy s15 that I had. First set I built used cheapo China superflux LEDs, wired in 2 sections, one for the brake and the other section for the running lights.
    I later on acquired a optidrive PWM and made a new set using 240 Lumileds and 30 Nichia white LEDS for the reverse lights.
    That truck is now in a grave and I picked up a new to me 2004 Trailblazer LT with 93,000 miles on it.

I could not leave the stock lights alone, they were ugly as can be so this is what I came up with.
    Same amount of LEDs as the trailblazer, 240 lumileds and 30 Nichia.
    Hope yall like um!

Daytime video

Night time video

Nice those are bright. Holy hell though, that license plate light what is in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
      In the license plate bulbs are some Sylvania Zevo 194 t10 LED bulbs. I picked them up at orielly. You are as surprised as I am with how bright they are.

*mod, could you move this to the finished project section please, I was not aware of that Thanks!*
      Last edited by richphotos; May 13th, 2016, 12:54 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong section.

Comment

Those are awesome!
        2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
        2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

Great work!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words! I am extremely happy with how they turned out

Here are a couple progress pictures

I am going to be painting the OEM 3rd brake light white to match the truck to hide it.
            I have some plug and play switchbacks in the front which are insanely bright.
            Next up I might order some mini h1s and do the headlights.

Comment

Been about 2 months now and they are still going strong
              The 5050 pre-wired LED strips I used for the 3rd brake light are working okay, its just not bright enough for me. I am going to be exploring other options.
              I have quite a few red/orange lumileds sitting around that I could make something out of.

Comment

Still going strong for the tail lights. Man, these leds last a LONG time.

Comment

Awesome job. Did you ever paint the stock 3Rd Brakelight? Also I like that you didn't forget about the side markers.

Subaru Outback retrofit:
                  http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                  License plate lights with dual brightness:
                  https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Working...
                  X