X5 LED fogs into Ford Figo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X5 LED fogs into Ford Figo

So I started last night with my own housing/cover for my fogs. I am building my own because of space reasons behind my bumper.
    Using soft drink cans. Steelquick and patients!!

More images to come...
    1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Clever! Looking forward to see how they look when installed on the car, Will your design have adjustment capabilities?
    2010 Civic Si

Comment

This idea also did not work..... Hahaha.
      I'm back to square one with Ford fogs and BMW fogs.
      So far my idea works on cutting the Ford's housing deeper today, i got the width back. I'm losing about 1-2 feet of width so that doesn't bother me so much.

I will upload pictures when I'm at work tomorrow my data is almost finished.

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

Bummer - looking forward to them.
        2010 Civic Si

Comment

I'm about to start my X5 fog light retrofit. Not going to be easy.

Comment

Sooooooooo..... Pics as promised. Using pratley steel putty to keep it in place. Love working with steel putty. But adds a lot of weight, going to be sanded a bit down.
            But its going to be a tank when its finished.

Oh PS, its not centered I know, its so for a reason.

Comment

Not centered = width retention?

Coming along nicely!
              2010 Civic Si

Comment

Yep. It allows more light to the sides. So i am happy...

Comment

Interesting. Any comparison shots?
                  2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
                  2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

No comparison shot yet. Will take a few snappies tonight, but will only upload them on Monday. Why must I use my data if we have a nice huge fiber line in our office
                    I think if they were to read that, I'd be dead!! Lol

Comment

This is utter shit. Now my dremel broke. Fffffaaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkk!!!!

Comment

Guys, would cutting the cooling fins at the back 10mm shorter make booboo in terms of heat? in my opinion it won't be affected soooo much if I'm right? i mean the rear is open, and I still have a breather in....
                        Last edited by MRauties; February 22nd, 2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

There just isn't any solid info on what happens to the lifespan of the LED when the heat sink is reduced. Technically it was designed that way through hours of R&D by knowledgeable people. It is safe to say that somethings are over engineered and minor alterations can be made. But in these cases, no one really actually knows :-/
                          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Can always water cool it.... Hahahahaha

Comment

The entire dremel, or the cutting wheel?

Hmmm. I've seen people chop a decent amount of the heat sink off - but then again, no one has ever reported back regarding LED failure or degradation as a result said cutting.
                              2010 Civic Si

Comment

Working...
                              X