Any way to flash without low beams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
    Glad you got it all working! Very strange that a diode was included, TRS probably sent you the wrong part.
    It's probably hard to tell at TRS's site which is which if both types come from the same factory in unmarked packages (or if they placed the wrong items with the wrong identifier/label).
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Glad you got it all working! Very strange that a diode was included, TRS probably sent you the wrong part.

Good looking car! I'd drive it. Retro looks super OEM as well!
      Thanks. TRS already sent out another set of the splitters before I was able to tell them I fixed the issue.I'll be curious to know if the ones they sent will have a diode or not...if so, it'll probably still be in the wrong direction...LOL.

I got B-stock Mini H1s and the cutoffs have a slight downward bow to them. Of course I read after the fact that adding washers or checking the cutoff shield for any bends/curves could potentially fix that? I'm not sure if I'll open them back up just to do that. Especially since one of the locking nuts won't loosen all the way any more, and one of the screws for the bulb ring stripped - doh! The retrofit results are still way better than my halogen units. Much wider dispersion of light. And for a 12+ year car, it'll suffice.

I'll probably start a thread or post more pics later in a different forum of the cutoffs...and will probably get bunch of critiques
      Last edited by Hank3; August 3rd, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
        It's probably hard to tell at TRS's site which is which if both types come from the same factory in unmarked packages (or if they placed the wrong items with the wrong identifier/label).
        You were right. TRS emailed me back and said that when they went to send out my replacement order they noticed that one of the boxes for the splitters was labeled incorrectly. I guess I'll have two sets of splitters soon - no need to send them back TRS said. And I learned something new

Comment

^
          Any manufacturer that needs to have components / parts built and then shipped by another supplier / vendor / ODM/CM has to deal with this. Large ones (like conventional auto manufacturers) have a validated system that ensures that components arriving can be correctly identified and stored. The approved supplier must also periodically demonstrate compliance with certain production standards.

I suspect TRS' particular supplier had a bit of a lapse in that last shipment.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
          X