H11 HD Relay for fogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H11 HD Relay for fogs

My car didint come with fog lights. So I installed the TRS LED fogs via a H11 Relay harnes I bought off amazon with an installed toggle switch. I believe the relay has become corroded or something after about 3 months of use\rain\washes. I noticed my LED fogs flickering\barely glowing today when the toggle switch was OFF. Here is the cheap H11 relay i purchased below which is plug and play to the LED fogs. Does TRS sell something more waterproof \ better quality that I can purchase? Or does anyone suggest another site \ harness that I can use?

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Harnes.../dp/B00JK0269Y

Any help on this? Really want to gain my fogs back again.

Comment

The morimoto harness has relays and sockets that are waterproof, so obviously a better product than the generic relayed harnesses.
      Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightwerkz Global Inc. View Post
        The morimoto harness has relays and sockets that are waterproof, so obviously a better product than the generic relayed harnesses.
        Those are made for HIDs though? Im guessing it doesnt matter which is why you recommended it? Would I just ignore the Input wire on the TRS harness and just connect the two 9006 males to my LED fogs like im doing with the current harness im using posted above?

Comment

They're not made for HIDs, no. Just a basic relay with basic wiring to power something directly from the battery using a trigger. Hook the 9006 connectors that would usually go the ballasts to the fog lights, and hook up the input wire to a switch and switched power source in the cabin. Or tap that into any circuit you want, like low beams if you don't need a switch.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Ahhh, makes sense. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X