Turn Signal Resistor Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal Resistor Wiring?

I put in LED turn signals and now need to wire in the resistors due to not having a relay. I wired in all 4 to the positive wire of the turn signs, but as for the ground I am not so sure. Both my tail lights and headlights have external connectors and all the wiring is internal. That being said my tail lights have 2 grounds and my headlights have 3 grounds. Does it matter which one I splice into, or is there a easy way to tell which one is for the turn signal? Or would it be better to just go with a body ground?

As far as I know, it shouldn't matter. Just go from turn signal positive to any ground, and you should be good.

Me personally, I'd go to a body ground because I don't like cutting OEM wiring.
    2006 Civic Si FG2 // K20 Master Race

Comment

usually you can refer to wiring diagrams for your car to verify which grounds are for which function.. i would connect to the ground for that function, and not a body ground.. if each headlamp has so many grounds, it's very possible your car is negatively switched, which means bypassing the oem grounds is like bypassing a light switch. the light bulb is just going to stay on..
      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Oh, good call. Listen to him, not me.
        2006 Civic Si FG2 // K20 Master Race

Comment

Working...
        X