Auto Headlamps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Headlamps...

Looking for an inexpensive way to switch from DRL to headlamps when light level gets low. I have found a module, but curious what other options are out there!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Stabl...item3f4613fd6f
    Last edited by sall; June 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM.

Worth a shot. Most of us disable automatic headlights lol. I have a 2010 Corolla and the lights would come on at a time when there was still plenty of light out. Plus i also had to "worry" about spending extended periods under bridges because that would trigger them.

Plus I now have a dedicated LED DRL which I like showing off at dawn, so I'd much later delay the time when actual headlights come on.

Tapatalktalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

I have auto headlights. I wouldn't go out of my way to install a system to do it for me. But my vehicles have em so I use em. Depending on how I feel that week. I like running park lamps at dawn an dusk tho.. Looks cooler.
      2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

I agree. I have disabled auto headlamps on my vehicles. This for my RC power wheel build.

Comment

I always leave mine in auto. It's pretty cool.

Comment

Agree with iLeopard.

The idea is cool, because people don't forget to turn their lights, but I never had my auto headlight cars' stalk in that mode.
            2010 Civic Si

Comment

Originally posted by ileopard View Post
              Worth a shot. Most of us disable automatic headlights lol. I have a 2010 Corolla and the lights would come on at a time when there was still plenty of light out. Plus i also had to "worry" about spending extended periods under bridges because that would trigger them.

Plus I now have a dedicated LED DRL which I like showing off at dawn, so I'd much later delay the time when actual headlights come on.

Tapatalktalk
              My Z71 had auto headlights. It was a '99 and the option on the stalk wasn't around yet. Instead there was a procedure to turn them off. Put the key in the on position, then depress and release the gas pedal 5 times within 10 seconds. I never used the auto feature lol
              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                My Z71 had auto headlights. It was a '99 and the option on the stalk wasn't around yet. Instead there was a procedure to turn them off. Put the key in the on position, then depress and release the gas pedal 5 times within 10 seconds. I never used the auto feature lol

Pretty sure that was to reset the oil change light lol. To deactivate the auto lights you turned the to on and pressed the dome light button five times.
                ***MH1 Retro***
                "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
                - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BOO5TED View Post
                  Pretty sure that was to reset the oil change light lol. To deactivate the auto lights you turned the to on and pressed the dome light button five times.
                  Nope, it was for the lights. Did not have an oil change indicator for that year.

Comment

Was it the 88-99 body style?
                    ***MH1 Retro***
                    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
                    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

No you are right. It did have the oil message. It was the square yellow message center on the bottom left of the dash. And yup, it was pushing the dome light button in and out 5 times. Had to access those memory banks again. Shit man that was 16 years ago!

Comment

***MH1 Retro***
                        - Tennessee Williams

Comment

I put one of these in my friends Ranger, we would take a light sensing rear view from an older explorer and wire it in with relays and stuff. Had to hook into the Body's GEM module also. Really a pita. I felt it was too much of a hassle for a switch that requires so little effort to turn.
                          03 Ford F-250 Powerstroke | Tuned | MH1's | 5500K XB35's | Apollo 3 | XSB Halo's | XBLED's | Retro in process
                          88 Toyota Hilux | 22RE | Off Road Truck | Badass AF

Comment

Hi guys I have 2014 civic sedan and I have halogen projector headlight and I wanna change from halogen to hid projector but my car has auto on off light option when I changed from halogen bulbs to HID bulbs can I continue use auto on/off option or not thanks for answer
                            Last edited by Cagatay; July 17th, 2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, the auto on/off only switches the healight relay on or off. HID or halogen won't matter
                              03 Ford F-250 Powerstroke | Tuned | MH1's | 5500K XB35's | Apollo 3 | XSB Halo's | XBLED's | Retro in process
                              88 Toyota Hilux | 22RE | Off Road Truck | Badass AF

Comment

Working...
                              X