Quad HIDs with Mini H1 as High Beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad HIDs with Mini H1 as High Beam

Alright so I have an OEM HID system that is D2S and I have a mini h1 in the high beams.

I'm trying to figure out how to run quad low beams, and then use the high beams in the mini h1 as the high beams.

In my head it goes something like this:

Connect the solenoid plug to on each mini h1 to the high beam connector for high beam capability. For the high beam bulb to run with the low beam bulbs, run a relay to the battery, each ballast grounded to the body, and then the connector that usually goes into the "OEM plug", I could tap it into the OEM positive and negative wires on the OEM ballast wires of the low beam.

Would this give me the desired look I am aiming for?

Thanks.

Sounds about right, using stock low beams to switch the relay on thus having 4 low beams.

Does your stock low beams turn off or stay on when high beams come on? If they stay on, your plan is spot on.

Comment

No problems with your plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mounce View Post
        Sounds about right, using stock low beams to switch the relay on thus having 4 low beams.

Does your stock low beams turn off or stay on when high beams come on? If they stay on, your plan is spot on.
        They stay on! Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure it sounded solid before committing some time taking the bumper off.

Comment

Why not run a splitter off your factory low then an adapter from your high beam to the 9006 solenoid? This way there is no cut 'n splice.
          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
            Why not run a splitter off your factory low then an adapter from your high beam to the 9006 solenoid? This way there is no cut 'n splice.
            I believe I would still have to splice the splitter into the OEM wiring because the OEM "plug" is just the one that plugs into the OEM ballast.

cjuoQnL.png

Comment

Working...
            X