Turn Signal/Parking Lights Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal/Parking Lights Help

I have a 2007 Mustang GT and hate the way the front turn signal and parking lights light up.

Turn signal is a 3157 and the parking light is a 194.

When I turn on the lights both the turn signal and parking light stay lit.

The parking light is next to the turn signal housing. Then the turn signal blinks as it should.

Just don't like how the entire thing stays lit all the time.

I want the parking light to stay lit and the turn signal bulb off unless activated!

How do I achieve this??

Originally posted by drk_pssngr View Post
    I have a 2007 Mustang GT and hate the way the front turn signal and parking lights light up.

Turn signal is a 3157 and the parking light is a 194.

When I turn on the lights both the turn signal and parking light stay lit.

The parking light is next to the turn signal housing. Then the turn signal blinks as it should.

Just don't like how the entire thing stays lit all the time.

I want the parking light to stay lit and the turn signal bulb off unless activated!

How do I achieve this??
    If I'm not mistaken, it's really easy on the 3157 bulbs, with the bulb removed, you just need to put a piece of tape over the contacts that drive the filament inside the bulb that does the parking light function. Or you can trim it off completely once you know which one it it.

Comment

Yep, its a dual filament so you can just snap off one of the prongs. Just make sure you get the right one.

Comment

I went through two bulbs and didn't get any of them right lol.

I got as far as them not staying on but won't blink either....

Comment

http://taillight.xglobal.net/picts/3...20diagrams.jpg

Comment

Does the bulb have a direction? Or either side becomes ground depending on how your plugged in?

Comment

Ok I just ended up cutting one the constant power wire and now works like I wanted too.

Comment

Working...
              X