Can the XSB LED series be wired to dim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the XSB LED series be wired to dim

I'm looking to purchase either the XSB LED Haloes or Strips and was wondering if they could be wired to dim when headlights are on, but stay full power while they are off and still maintain their switchback capabilities?

I have XSB LED's installed, and I can almost not see them when the low beam is on. It may be because I'm running a quad 55w setup ;D

I have them tapped to be white if parking lights are on, and also tapped to the turn signal. They will always work as long as if the light column is not OFF.
    Quad: LS430 projectors + TSX-R clear lens / Mini D2S 3.0 bi-xenon
    All @ 6000k .. 85122 Ultinon WX / XB55 Ballasts
    XSB Switchback LED Halos

Comment

Dim or turn off completely? I'm pretty much doing the exact same thing with the XSBs I ordered.

low beam off = white always on (DRL) and flashes amber with signal (switchback).
      low beam on = White LEDs off but amber still comes on with signal.

I haven't gotten the halos yet but you'll need a 5-pin relay to make this work. That is, for a car that doesn't have OEM DRLs. Matt and Andrew from TRS said that the morimoto x.change modules will work too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupmb2U-shk

^that video was helpful for me since I've never used a relay before. Pretty simple.

Comment

Not possible to dim them when the low beams come on, only possible to make them turn off completely. Sorry!!

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
        * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Even with pulse width modulation?

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved

Comment

Originally posted by toooosloooow View Post
            Even with pulse width modulation?

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved
            would need to see the driver internals, but it might be possible, but only by opening up the driver, not by external wiring.
            The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
            X