Harness Issue, 3rd time now! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harness Issue, 3rd time now! HELP

I have a 12 F150, no drl's and a pnp hid kit.

I have this issue thats been goin on for a while now. My low beams stop working after a few months. The only lights that work are the highbeams. Now when turning off my highs, the low beams come on for a brief moment then shut off.

Any ideas?

First time it happened i replaced just the harness (it lasted about a year before the issue started)
    Second time i replaced everything, harness and new hid kit. 3 months later the lows stop working again.

Name of kit? Where did you buy the harness. What type of harness. Canbus?
    2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
      Name of kit? Where did you buy the harness. What type of harness. Canbus?
      Got everything from DDM online. how do i find out if its a canbus?

Comment

Dude order from TRS and get quality stuff
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by teamzambo View Post
          I have a 12 F150, no drl's and a pnp hid kit.
          PnP kits blind people and are a hazard.

do your self a favor, put your halogen bulbs back in.
          not only would this mean your lights would work correctly, you would actually see farther then with a shitty PnP kit, and you wont be an dick blinding people all the time.

then perhaps after while you could do a projector retrofit and get a proper , high preformance lighting system and be happy. why would you buy a 30G+ truck and then buy a crappy 60$ hid kit????

also on a side note, your kit doesnt work because the HID gods have spoken.
          Last edited by michael.kozera; March 16th, 2015, 11:34 AM.
          Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
            PnP kits blind people and are a hazard.

do your self a favor, put your halogen bulbs back in.
            not only would this mean your lights would work correctly, you would actually see farther then with a shitty PnP, and you wont be an ******* blinding people all the time.

then perhaps after while you could do a projector retrofit and get a proper , high preformance lighting system and be happy. you would you buy a 30G+ truck and then buy a crappy 60$ hid kit????

also on a side note, your kit doesnt work because the HID gods have spoken
            LOL. I think we'd all like to believe that this is partially true.

Originally posted by cthunder
            The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
            Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

1st of all, its 60k not 30k.
              2nd, stupid for you to assume its in a regular housing, i have 2013 headights, which are hid projectors. If you cant answer my question why bother responding?

I have never had an issue with ddm kits until now. so, if anyone can please tell me what the issue is that would be great. Im not here to be lectured on what i spend my money on.

Comment

You've had three issues with DDM kits so far, so it sounds like either it's DDM or it's your car. DDM is cheap, but you get what you pay for. TRS stuff is pricier but it's also better quality.

So you call him out for assuming it's in a regular housing. Is it? :P Also, be a bit nicer. He wasn't particularly nasty, just stated fact based off the info you gave. You were straight up unpleasant.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Instead of assuming he could of asked. Iv purchased kits from ddm for as long as i can remember, and have never had an issue.

Money is not the issue, i have no problem buying from trs, or from wherever you guys suggest. I just want to find out why this keeps happening. Why invest in something pricier if i dont know what the root cause is?

He was judging, i called him out and im the nasty one? All im asking for is help!
                  Last edited by teamzambo; March 16th, 2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

A few members have offered help. We don't really have much information to go on, only that DDM kits keep failing and that doesn't surprise those who understand they're cheap both in price and quality. You never had any issues, and now you have issues. It's either DDM who's changed (and that's entirely possible) or something is up with your car. Voltage spikes maybe? Unlikely.

Judging is kinda normal, we try to keep people away from doing things that are illegal and irresponsible, like running HID kits in halogen reflector housings. Because it affects everyone, not just the person doing it. He didn't do it meanly, just assumed they were in reflector housings. And you still haven't disproven that assumption. If you want help, you should give more info. If he judged poorly, and you have a projector retrofit, let him know and all would be fine.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

But i did, i stated i have 2013 headlights which are hid projectors. Stock from Ford. I said it in the post you first responded to.

Comment

1st of all, its 60k not 30k.
                        fair enough haha. but agian that makes it worse spent 60k on a truck and bought a cheap PnP kit......

2nd, stupid for you to assume its in a regular housing, i have 2013 headights, which are hid projectors. If you cant answer my question why bother responding?
                        so wait, you bought a truck with the hid projector option, you then ripped out the OEM setup and opted for a DDm kit????
                        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

But i did, i stated i have 2013 headlights which are hid projectors. Stock from Ford. I said it in the post you first responded to.
                          The original post stated it was a 12, which come with reflector housings. It was a valid assumption I think.

So I'm gonna ask what Michael asked, why are you using DDM stuff? Did you buy HID housings separately as an upgrade?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

My truck is a 2012, which didnt come with hid's. The 2013 f150 came with hid's. I purchased a set of those headlights. Just the headlights, nothin else came with them. I got a kit from ddm just to figure out how to make them work. It worked, so i let be. Why fix it if it aint broken.

This issue came up many months after working properly. Im tryi g to figure out why this happens after MONTHS of working.

Jesus, why is it so hard to get some help. Dont worry about how i spend my money. Yeah i can afford a shit load of true religion jeans, but i buy at american eagle. Just becsuse something cost 5 times more doesnt make it better.

Is snyone going to try and help or do i just give up.

Comment

While spending extra on jeans may not necessarily get you better jeans, spending extra on HID parts is absolutely going to get you better HID parts. DDM isn't quality. Maybe if you had three kits fail, get something more reputable. From your description of the problem in the first post, it just seems like failed parts. I dunno what anyone else can tell you. It seems like you don't want to hear DDM stuff is the problem, but it's the most likely culprit. Tell us, what more do you want to hear? How else can anyone help, when all we know is that your cheap DDM kits keep failing?

And the more info you give, the better help you can get. Giving the bare minimum at first wasn't helpful, all this info is important. Tell me, how are you converting the original plug to the new plug? Are the new headlights D2S? Are you using a relay harness with an adapter to connect to stock wiring? Are the ballasts AMP or D2S?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X