Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Circuit for Controlling Low/High and Pass functions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPDT is a common automotive relay.

Comment

Yes spdt is common, just not easy to find, over here spst is common and mostly used for ridiculously loud horns, I am just thankful that I found the correct one, will be finishing my install tomorrow morning or else I will be John Wayne Bobbit the 2nd (I live in an apartment, wife is not to pleased with my 'in house' workshop)

Comment

Originally posted by 24valvediesel View Post
        SPDT is a common automotive relay.
        The only ones I ever see in store here are either 4-pin only, or if they are 5-pin, it's with a NC and NO contact, normally 87 and 87A. Now keep in mind this is a lot further up north.

Comment

We build roughly 150k SPDT a day for OE. Same for SPST.

Comment

If this is a bixenon projector & not a quad/+ setup, the pass/high beam can be directly wired to the projector shield solenoid and the LEDs. This will not activate the hid bulbs, just the shield solenoids.
            frankie say relax

Comment

Originally posted by indiej View Post
              If this is a bixenon projector & not a quad/+ setup, the pass/high beam can be directly wired to the projector shield solenoid and the LEDs. This will not activate the hid bulbs, just the shield solenoids.
              Actually the whole concept is to keep the current usage as low as possible, I have wired it all up today, so now with lights off or on parking lights, the led's take care of the pass/flash function, when the low beam is on, the led is disabled and the Bi-Xenon takes over. One problem I encountered was when the high beam is on, the hid's shut off and the led's take over. I have over come this by opening the switch gear and linking the points so as to trick the system to light up both filaments (if it was a halogen) as on my bike the high beam switch works like this, position 1 high beam off, position 2 (half way, like a transition) both filaments would light up, position 3 fully open, only the high beam filament would be on. So by linking points 2&3 together it solved the issue, I had tried linking from the h4 connector, it just wouldn't work like that.

Comment

Back again, with the same issue. This time I have retrofitted my car, now i'm trying to do the same thing with the led spots used for the pass function, whilst the hid's are off and disabled when the hid's are on.
                Now the problem again lies with the switch at the end of the stalk (not sure if I want to mess with this one, as it's my daily driver)
                The set up as follows;

85 - COIL - GROUND
                86 - COIL - HIGH BEAM POSITIVE(Coil Trigger), (Should be low beam positive?)
                30 - COM - HIGH BEAM POSITIVE from Harness (direct from the pass switch?)
                87a - NC - To COB LED BULB POSITIVE
                87 - NO - To HID Bi-XENON SOLENOID POSITIVE(or whatever your high beam is)

when the low beam is on and I either use the pass or flick to high beam, the supply to the coil trigger goes off (86), as the H4 connector switches off the low beam when the high beam is on, what I was thinking is to use a spst relay to keep current supply to point 86, by maybe looping the supply from 87? not sure if that will work though?

Or the other option is to use a mosfet as pictured below, only thing that concerns me is the output from the hid relay (wire from the relay to the ballast) may have too much current draw and fry the mosfet?

Any ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

Additionally my car has a switched ground circuit, is that why I'm having trouble?

Comment

Working...
                  X