Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only high beam on a new D2S

Hi all,
    I'm new here, and I just ordered a D2S complete set (Order # 66456). After installtion, at first, the right headlight didn't work and the left light worked on high beam only. So I called TRS and was told that my right ground wire had to get contact with the bare metal on chassis. I did so, and both lights work now but again, only on high beam. And the fog light doesn't come on also.
    I called TRS but got the recorder.
    Any help would be appreciated.

So on low beam nothing works?

and they only come on in high beam? does the solenoids always activate on high beam?
    * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

Thanks for your fast response.
      When I turn on the "low beam" switch, I get high beam and I hear the relays click. When I change the switch to "high beam", the high beams still stay on. The fog light won't work all the times, regardless of the position of the light switch. Normally the fog light switch works when on "low beam" setting. (My stock halogen bulb is 9004).

Comment

Sounds like a wiring issue. They are in a projector I assume?

Comment

Is that the problem with the Motocontrol harness? Should it be replaced? If we have the schematic diagram of the hardness, maybe we can fix the problem?
          Last edited by donngmpts; January 16th, 2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Can you wire the projector and the ballast up to a 12v power source and then fire the solenoid for high beams as needed? That would tell you if the solenoid is bad or something is reversed. Also, make sure everything for the harness is wired correctly.

Comment

Pictures sometimes will help. Sometimes people catch stuff in pictures you would never see yourself

Comment

You might need to swap a couple pins for the 9004.

As for the fogs, it kinda sounds like it needs resistance from the halogen bulbs to work.

If you disconnect the harness, and try turn on the fogs do they come on?
                * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

Does the blue high-beam indicator on the dash gauges light up? Sounds like the car thinks the high beams are always on, so the fogs won't light up (they normally turn off when the high beams turn on)

Comment

I just swapped between 2 pins, left and right. Now I have exactly like the picture shown by xOperator. (I have 9004l wiring ). Now when light switch on "low beam ", I have low beam, but the "beam" indicator light still off. That means the car thinks it's low beam; fog lights still not work. When I switch to "high beam" , nothing changes:low beam, "beam" indicator light on dashboard still off, fog lights still not work.
                    I noticed that I didn't hear any clicks. Maybe the click I heard earlier, before swapping pins, was from the high beam solenoid at the projectors. Activation of solenoid inside the aluminum box doesn't make that loud noise.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                      Does the blue high-beam indicator on the dash gauges light up? Sounds like the car thinks the high beams are always on, so the fogs won't light up (they normally turn off when the high beams turn on)
                      +1
                      9004/9007 harness has to deal with 4 possible variations ( 9004-vs-9007 times switched-ground-vs-switched-positive). On my 9007 switched ground, I moved the 3 pins and cycled through all 6 possible combinations. I found that more than one combination allows either the low or high beam to work, and at least in one instance, the dash high beam indicator lights up when the HID bulb turns on. Cycle through, and you will find the answer.

Good luck
                      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by donngmpts View Post
                        I just swapped between 2 pins, left and right. Now I have exactly like the picture shown by xOperator.
                        There are 2 possible settings for 9004, depending on whether your headlight wiring is positive switched or ground switched.

Also, make sure that no fuse was blown. In many cars, there can be more than 1 fuse box; a combination of fuse in the engine compartment and under the dash.
                        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

That's what I was thinking.. Has to be a wiring issue. Just keep trying and you'll figure it out!

Comment

This thread may help you work out some bugs

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ut-no-Low-Beam

Comment

TRS recommended to swap pins. I did as told, and now everything works just fine.
                              So the picture for 9004 wiring on the thread by xOperator is not correct in my case (1990 Lexus LS400).
                              If you look at the inside bottom of the blue cup connector (part of the hid harness ) with the flat part of the oval shape on top, you would see 3 pins with these wires: white wire on left, brown wire at middle (top), and blue wire on right,
                              Thanks TRS and everyone.
                              Last edited by donngmpts; January 18th, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X