Old TRS harness H4 -> 9007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TRS harness H4 -> 9007

I have the older TRS dual relay harness and dont much care to change over to a new over complicated motocontrol harness I'd rather trust some plain old relays.

Can I just de-pin the H4 harness and wire it to a 9007 plug? I dont see why I couldnt..... But would it be that simple, just pull the pins out of the old h4 plug and plug them into the new 9007 in low/high/ground locations.?

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, as long as everything is connected up right.
    * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

Sounds like it would work fine to me. This is the order of the wires on my 9007 harness if it helps

20130831_171109.jpg

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
      FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

You sure are full of answers arent you lol

It will help, I just need a 9007 socket for it now.

Comment

I try

Comment

Well, they're both dual filament bulbs, and are rated around 55W low, 65 W high. And the circuit for the low beam filament is opened when closing for the high beams.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I figured as much for swapping pins. Thanks guys
              So just the same, I could splice into the High beam side and run another h1 bulb with the solenoid? Or would I have to use that high + as a signal for another relay?

Mainly, would an h1 pull too much current from the high side of the harness? I doubt it.

Comment

I wouldn't run a bulb off of the solenoid trigger wires if that's what you're asking. I think Andrew mentioned last week that the circuitry in the relay module can't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
                  I wouldn't run a bulb off of the solenoid trigger wires if that's what you're asking. I think Andrew mentioned last week that the circuitry in the relay module can't handle it.
                  Interesting.

I thought I recall seeing older 9007-vs-9004 & positive-switched-vs-ground-switched where the recommended remedy for the oem low turning on high and vice versa was to swap the harness connectors going to the ballast vs the solenoid. Certainly, the wires on 3 versions of the 9007/9004 aren't identical, with the ones going to the solenoid being 1 or 2 ga. larger (i.e. thinner wire). For a 35W system, my guess is it is probably ok.

Of course, if TRS have new information since, it could explain the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                    Interesting.

I thought I recall seeing older 9007-vs-9004 & positive-switched-vs-ground-switched where the recommended remedy for the oem low turning on high and vice versa was to swap the harness connectors going to the ballast vs the solenoid. Certainly, the wires on 3 versions of the 9007/9004 aren't identical, with the ones going to the solenoid being 1 or 2 ga. larger (i.e. thinner wire). For a 35W system, my guess is it is probably ok.

Of course, if TRS have new information since, it could explain the difference.
                    I'm not really sure about all that, I just remember someone asking about wiring in an auxiliary high beam bulb to get powered from the solenoid trigger, and Andrew (might have even been Matt) said that the harness wiring was capable of it, but the internal circuitry of the motocontrol box couldn't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
                      I'm not really sure about all that, I just remember someone asking about wiring in an auxiliary high beam bulb to get powered from the solenoid trigger, and Andrew (might have even been Matt) said that the harness wiring was capable of it, but the internal circuitry of the motocontrol box couldn't handle it.
                      I see. The threads I believe I read were pre-motocontrol. That might explain the difference. I guess TRS might have "optimized" the circuit some more by making the ballast and solenoid circuits designed for different wattage. Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X