Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noobie problems, help with first retrofit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobie problems, help with first retrofit!

hey guys, I've been working on a RX330 NON-AFS retrofit for my 96 Integra, I have the Projectors, Morimoto 55w Ballast, the Morimoto Harness, 5k Bulbs, and Clear Lenses.

I went to test out everything to make sure it worked fine before I popped open the headlights to install the new inner frame I've been working on, but when I tested it out, I connected everything besides the ballast for the driver side, I noticed that when I turn my headlights on, the bulb/projectors ignite for half a second before they shut off, I believe that the harness isn't securely connected to the positive side well, but it would still have a connecting current, because it was in full contact of the post.

Is it also possible that the bulb isn't fully secured in to the ballast, I don't want to break anything yet, so I didn't put to much force on the bulb when putting it in the ballast. So any suggestions will be nice. Thanks!

I will make a video soon to show what I'm talking about.

when you plug the ballast directly into the car battery does it do the same?
    Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

i had the same problem. need a GOOD ground.
      one of my lights would flick on then off fast. the (+) went to the battery but the (-) ground went to a metal piece that was bolted to a painted part of the car which i thought was good enough. eventually i had to find a ground that was bare metal for that light to stay on

not sure if its the same setup as yours though or if its the same problem.

My 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5XT lights modified by greenkouki

Comment

Originally posted by kaitanium View Post
        i had the same problem. need a GOOD ground.
        one of my lights would flick on then off fast. the (+) went to the battery but the (-) ground went to a metal piece that was bolted to a painted part of the car which i thought was good enough. eventually i had to find a ground that was bare metal for that light to stay on

not sure if its the same setup as yours though or if its the same problem.
        hmm, it might be, i have to check, maybe sand some place down.

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
        when you plug the ballast directly into the car battery does it do the same?
        plugging the balast to the OEM harness? isnt that bad?

Comment

I also forgot to mention, that when I move the positive fork, around the positive post, it also ignites, but doesn't have a constant current.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Souriya Fulgencio View Post
            plugging the balast to the OEM harness? isnt that bad?
            There should be an extra 9006 connector somewhere in the package TRS sent to you. Connect it to any of the ballasts you have, and connect the wires of those connector to the + and - terminals of the battery. There will be a small spark. The point is to just test the ballast + bulb without involving the oem wiring nor the harness.

Alternatively, you can use a PC power supply to power the ballast for testing
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
              There should be an extra 9006 connector somewhere in the package TRS sent to you. Connect it to any of the ballasts you have, and connect the wires of those connector to the + and - terminals of the battery. There will be a small spark. The point is to just test the ballast + bulb without involving the oem wiring nor the harness.

Alternatively, you can use a PC power supply to power the ballast for testing
              ohhh, thats what it's for? hahaha thanks
              I'll do it tommorow night, and get back to you guys thanks

Comment

^
                Yep. One of the nice little touches that TRS provides. I suppose a little note on what it can be used for would be helpful for a first retrofitter. I didn't know what to do with it the first time either.

Comment

So I used the extra 9006 "tester" and found out what my problem was... I didnt plug the the bulbs ALL THE WAY in the ballast, so i guess it only was able to ignite, but anyways, I noticed that the lights wanst as tall(?) as most other projectors, but now, I need to get a custom shield, and maybe paint the reflectors in my headlights, to reduce glare.

any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Comment

Not sure I understand what the light not being as tall means. Any pictures to help illustrate?

Comment

What are you trying to describe? And man with that nice set up you should have gone with some oem
                      bulbs..
                      AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                      X