9007 Harness no High Beam Working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9007 Harness no High Beam Working

I bought a Mini D2S projector retrofit kit with a 9007 harness for my 2004 Mustang Cobra and the high beam does not work. When I switch high beams low beams stay on. Ive noticed that in low beam the harness is sending positive back to car harness and I hear a relay in stock engine fuse box click. When I look at my gauges its showing high beams on when not even activated because the 9007 Harness is sending positive back to car. I have switched both blue and white wires as indicated by retrofit source website but same issue occurs(only low beam works). I have read that there are 6 different wiring pin options for the 3 pin plug harness. If I try all 6 wiring options will I blow fuses and/or burn out the 9007 harness relay. I don't wont to burn anything out. I know that the center wire on my stock headlight harness is ground and the outside wires are the positive wires for high and low beams. Does anyone have a schematic on how 9007 harness wires to plug are for. Which are positive & negative wires and which is high low beam.

On our harness:

Blue = high
    Brown/red = low
    White = ground

Let us know what you find out please!

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

Not sure if it'll wind up working the same way with your Mustang, but this is how the wires are to work on my Durango (9007 switched ground.)

20130831_171109.jpg

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
      FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
        Not sure if it'll wind up working the same way with your Mustang, but this is how the wires are to work on my Durango (9007 switched ground.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25118[/ATTACH]
        The Mustang is not ground-switched, so the blue and white should be opposite than this picture.

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

I just noticed something really odd, apparently mine will work with the blue and white wires in either position. My old trs harness had the wires in the standard position for 9007 and it worked fine, then when I got this newer motocontrol harness from the bargain basement I didn't even bother changing the wires and it still works fine too. The high beam indicator and everything worked fine with both wire combinations.

This is how the wires were on my old harness, and how I believe your saying the op should wire his.
          2012-09-22_11-09-48_145.jpg
          Last edited by that_guy318; October 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRSAndrew View Post
            On our harness:

Blue = high
            Brown/red = low
            White = ground

Let us know what you find out please!
            I used this info and my lights work now. wiring is blue, white, brown/red. This wiring info should be included with wiring harness or website to help installers move pins accordingly to vehicle harness. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by alexgg2 View Post
              I used this info and my lights work now. wiring is blue, white, brown/red. This wiring info should be included with wiring harness or website to help installers move pins accordingly to vehicle harness. Thanks for the help.
              We actually just had a bad batch of harnesses that are pinned incorrectly and it unfortunately took a few days for us to find out about the issue (when the first harnesses arrived to customers), so it's fortunately just a temporary thing.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Comment

I just got a new 9007/9004 harness and even after switching the pins to the correct positions, low beams work but when I turn on high beams the indicator comes on but the bulbs shut off. This is on a 2002 Subaru WRX (9007).

Comment

Originally posted by ski.wrx View Post
                  I just got a new 9007/9004 harness and even after switching the pins to the correct positions, low beams work but when I turn on high beams the indicator comes on but the bulbs shut off. This is on a 2002 Subaru WRX (9007).

I don't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure satyra (also has a wrx) has mentioned that his is a swtiched ground 9007, so it should work like this picture. That said what works with my Dodge, might not work with your Subaru.
                  20130831_171109.jpg

Comment

Thats how my old harness was and it does not work. They sent me a replacement motocontrol box as well which is gold ( the old one was silver) they said the boxes were all the same but It does not work no matter the pin-out. I have tried every combination now and now the head lights don't work at all in any configuration. Fuse is good at both the harness and fuse box. I'm beginning to think my harness is wired incorrectly resulting in frying the new box.
                    Last edited by ski.wrx; October 1st, 2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Well there are only so many possible configurations for 3 wires. Just make a list and go through each one and see what works.

R=brown B=blue W=white

RBW These first two both work with my 9007 switched ground setup.
                      RWB
                      BRW
                      BWR
                      WBR
                      WRB

Comment

Originally posted by ski.wrx View Post
                        I used a 12 volt circuit light tester and hooked cable up to negative battery cable and tested each pin on factory harness to see which one was positive and which one was negative. I turned low beams on to see which wire was low beam then switched to high beam to see which wire was high beam. The wire that doesnt light up the circuit tester is the ground. Make sure you dont have the 9007 harness plugged in when your testing the wires. This is how I figured out how to wire my vehicle. My middle wire was the ground the outside wires were positives for low and high. Yours is going to be different. Each car manufacturer wires headlight harnesses different as stock halogen bulbs do not need to be positive/negative specific to light up. Halogens can be hooked up back wards and still light up. The HID harness needs to be positive and negative specific or they wont operate properly. The 9007 bulbs are used in various car manufactures who all use different wiring setups thus is the reason why most kits wont operate unless you switch wires around on 9007 hid harness.

Blue Wire = High Beam (positive)
                        Brown/Red Wire = Low Beam (positive)
                        White Wire = Ground or (Negative)

Once you figure out which wire is which on your stock harness just plug in wire accordingly. Hope this helps you like it did me.

Comment

I know what my stock harness is. I have had a retrofit in for almost a year now. the old TRS harness fell apart so it was replaced as well as a new motocontrol box since the old one failed. I have tried all combinations of wiring starting with how it came then how the old trs harness was and then two different ways that were posted on this forum and then all of the remaining options. None work properly and now none work at all. Thinking Im going to have to get another box yet again

Comment

Lol! I bought a TRS 9007 Harness a couple months ago and had the same issue. I just swapped them all around until they worked.

Comment

Working...
                            X