Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No fog lights after 9004/9007 harness install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fog lights after 9004/9007 harness install.

Since installing the 9004/9007 harness with my morimoto mini H1 projectors, my fog lights no longer come on. My dash's high beam light is always on as well. I was told that by swapping the ground and low beam wires on the 9004/9007 harness, it might fix the issue with the dash light, but I haven't had a change to try that yet. As for the fog lights though, does the harness not support fog lights? It was also suggested that since the harness only occupies the driver side headlight plug that if I were to plug something into the passenger side plug it would fix my fog light issue.. I don't understand how that makes sense but I'm not about to buy parts that aren't going to make a difference.. I was also just considering wiring the fog lights to come on the same time the headlights do.. Any suggestions?

Comment

what type of vehicle do you have?

Comment

It's a 2004 dodge neon SRT4.

Comment

If your high beam light is on, the car thinks they are, hence the reason your fogs are not working... I would think switching the ground should resolve the issue??
          Last edited by jimmy4k; March 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM. Reason: sp

AKA Jimmy K

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyk View Post
            If your high beam light is on, the car thinks they are, hence the reason your fogs are not working... I would think switching the ground should resolve the issue??
            Ding ding ding!! Hence why I posted that photo of the connector mixed signals.

Comment

The bugeye Subaru Impreza uses 9007 switched ground wiring, and can give you similar symptoms. The TRS 9004/9007 seem to work, in that low beams respond to the oem light stalk. However, the high beam indicator on the dash lights up when the foglights are turned on. In my first hand experience with my bugeye wrx, the foglights still work (which is different from your case). However, after a few minutes, the small current running through the high beam circuit was enough to render the solenoid no longer responsive to high beam mode.

For the imprezas, there is an "independent fog" mod, where the oem wiring for the foglights get a new ground that decouples it from the high beam circuit. You may be able to find a similar mod in srt forums; I don't think the threads for imprezas would help you since they tend to tell you which cables to cut by color and wiring location that is vehicle specific, instead of explaining it from the general wiring perspective.
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I got the opportunity to swap the wires tonight. Although I managed to get the car to recognize high beams and low beams on the dash again and the fogs came on, only the passenger side fog light was coming on and the bulbs are but a month old. The headlights won't come on with low beam either. I believe I tried just about every combination in which the harness could be wired up and I was getting some weird results. I was only getting the headlights to come on when the high beam on the dash was on, and it was either high beam or low beam only. When I turned the brights off and the light on the dash went off, I wasn't getting any output from the headlights. Parking lights still worked and the one fog light would come on.

satrya - I'll look more into that. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Thane Marshall View Post
                  satrya - I'll look more into that. Thanks for the info!
                  You're welcome. Post #6 here might be relevant; I know it's a different vehicle but it's a 9007
                  http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...p-example-pics
                  Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
                  X