03 f250 high beam help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 f250 high beam help

So I'm wondering what I need to do. I have a retro bi-x and it some fine high beam flash when lows are switched on. Now instead of pulling the flash to pass lever I push it so it stays on high beam only the lows shut off but the solenoid still opens up, I can hear it. How can i get it so the lows don't shut off. And I'm also thinking of adding some halogen flash halogens so i can flash people when my lows aren't on if possible.

To keep the lows on you need a 6a diode from the high beam positive to the low beam positive before the relay. To make it so only the halogens flash when the lights are off for FTP...you're talking a crazy custom harness and I have no idea how to accomplish it. Hopefully someone better with harnesses can answer that.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

i know ill probably have to figure this out my self. ive seen the bmw z4 and that has the setup i want. inner halogen FTP when the bi-x are off and then the bi-x only when theyre on i beleive. i have a bunch of relays and wire lying around. when i figure it out ill see what you guys think

Comment

youll need a bi-xenon wireing harness (H13 or 9007 depending on what bulb your truck uses H4 if its equipped with seald beams) the TRS wireing harness are realy good and will help you with setting up your bi-xenon use the wires for the selinoid then to porwe your selinoids and high beams (ive done it before on an 09 superduty) but if your planning on just keeping the flash to pass only you could jsut use a set of after market off road lights and wire them up with a puch button and the normal switch and when you want to flash someone just hit the puch button and theres your flash to pass in my case i needed to retain my factory high beams (and of corse use the bi-xenon ones too) i needed the DRL and due to what i use my truck for i needed the highs for not just DRL and flash to pass so building a setup was needed (alot of work involved if you dont have a set of those aftermarket headlights)
        my vehicles

2013 subaru impreza WRX STi new body style (some mods)
        04 subaru impreza WRX STi (project car)
        2013 ford F550 platnum dually (extreem mods CAT engine swap)

my wifes car

2012 subaru impreza limited sport (some mods)
        07 hyundai accent GLS (extreem mods)

Comment

So I bought some 5fives and wiring harness. And a set of offroad lights. So if I use my high beams only will the lights turn off now. I haven't installed anything. I was working double shifts. But ill be off for two days so I Can put everything in.

Comment

Without the diode I mentioned they will still shut off I think unless it's built in.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

If it's a low beam only harness you will need to add a diode, a 1A diode will be fine like a 1N4004.
              * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

Working...
              X