Morimoto retro quick for 2012 wrx blows fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morimoto retro quick for 2012 wrx blows fuses

How do I wire the harness up? Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I blew both fuses

Originally posted by Avikm289 View Post
    How do I wire the harness up? Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I blew both fuses
    What harness are you using?
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

if fuses are blowing then something is shorting out.. make sure none of your wiring is pinched or exposed.. retrace everything..

Comment

I did, I ended up putting bact the stock projectors on. Waste of my night, can anyone put up pics of where the wires go in the harness in detail? I bought the morimoto retro quick kit and followed the DIY on this site but it was real vague when it came to the harness.

Comment

Originally posted by Avikm289 View Post
          I did, I ended up putting bact the stock projectors on. Waste of my night, can anyone put up pics of where the wires go in the harness in detail? I bought the morimoto retro quick kit and followed the DIY on this site but it was real vague when it came to the harness.

Bi-Xenon: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...on_Harness.pdf

Single Xenon: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...am_Harness.pdf
          RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

With everything plugged in I have an extra connection from stock. Also is it mandatory that I hook up the high beams to the harness?

Comment

Thanks for the diagram,lll try again in a few weeks

Comment

Extra connection from stock. If you're talking about what should have been the left and right hand side power to the oem low/high beams, then yes. A typical harness only needs one of them. Instead of using those oem connectors for power, the new harness merely uses it as a signal input for the harness to draw power for the low beam ballast & high beam solenoid &/ high beam halogen bulb.

You can still blow a fuse if the pins that connect to the oem low/high beams aren't correct for your car. For my bugeye impreza, the 9007/9004 connector in the harness apparently assumed 9004 pin. At some point, random repinning to get it to work blew 1 or more fuses. It was multimeter testing after that, and no more blown fuse.
                Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

shouldn't need to re-pin anything for an H11 low beam relay harness

The output from the car on the passengers side (or which ever side is farther from the car battery) should be hanging loose, yes. Just tape that off with electrical tape and tuck it off to the side.

The rest of the harness should be connected exactly as shown in the 2nd PDF that Sean linked us up to in post #5. If you're still blowing fuses when its connected like that, please give us a call for some more in depth trouble shooting. Should not be too hard to sort out since its a pretty basic 5 connections

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                  * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
                    shouldn't need to re-pin anything for an H11 low beam relay harness

The output from the car on the passengers side (or which ever side is farther from the car battery) should be hanging loose, yes. Just tape that off with electrical tape and tuck it off to the side.

The rest of the harness should be connected exactly as shown in the 2nd PDF that Sean linked us up to in post #5. If you're still blowing fuses when its connected like that, please give us a call for some more in depth trouble shooting. Should not be too hard to sort out since its a pretty basic 5 connections
                    Hey guys. New to the site and i'm wiring my headlights now. The .pdf files above are no longer working. Can someone post up an updated link? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by artyarts View Post
                      Hey guys. New to the site and i'm wiring my headlights now. The .pdf files above are no longer working. Can someone post up an updated link? Thanks

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/install_guides.php

Comment

Working...
                      X