wiring up VIP PUDDLE LIGHTS to oem Dome Supervison on 2010 TL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring up VIP PUDDLE LIGHTS to oem Dome Supervison on 2010 TL

well im looking into purchasing those VIP puddle lights.

need help on wiring led's up to work with my Dome light supervision.

my dome light fades out when i lock the car or when the car door closes after 5 secs.

i want the puddle lights to work the same way with my dome light.

anyway to wire this up? should i just tap my dome light?

I tapped mine. Just ran the wires up to it through the trim and headliner (not hard on my car, not sure about yours) into the bulb area and it works great. I have 4 led strips running off of it with an led dome light, so not that much power.
    Climbin' in yo windows
    Snatchin' yo Koito's up

2013 Fiat 500 Sport- Bianco Perla

Comment

Tapping into the dome light would be the easiest way unless you can find the module that does the dimming.
      * Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post.

Comment

I would just tap the dome light, as suggested. Just make sure the wires are run nice and clean.

I THINK... not too sure... but I think the dome light fade operates on a capaciter, so by adding more power to the circuit, it would make the light fade out quicker. ?

Comment

I'm not sure on that particular vehicle but I'm pretty sure it's done by a module since you can see the different steps of brightness when it dims.

Comment

so lets say i run this set

http://store.ledmod.com/index.php?ma...products_id=69

would this be too much power for just my dome light to run off both sides of my sideskirts?

Comment

Not sure how much power they draw, but they do look like 5mm leds so say they draw 20ma each and there is 40 of them thats only about 0.8A. So theoretically you should be good.

Comment

Working...
              X