This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9004/9007 Wiring Schematic

A little picture I found awhile back, that seemed to help many people out with 9004/9007 wiring problems.

Hope it helps

Attached Files
    Write Something....../

I bought the kit from The retrofit source and my wires are white, blue and red/brownish. How am I suppose to know which one is which if they are not purple/blue red or back

Comment

I believe the blue is for high, white is low, brown is ground.

Comment

On my 1990 Lexus LS400, which has 9004 wiring, on the picture above, from left to right, I would read: white on left, brown at center (top), and blue on right.

Comment

Originally posted by sentryfe74 View Post
          I believe the blue is for high, white is low, brown is ground.
          WRONG!!!!! Bad information that makes for a long night trying to figure it out.

Originally posted by TRSAndrew View Post
          On our harness:

Blue = high
          Brown/red = low
          White = ground
          1996 F350 - Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 - Denso ballasts - 5000K Morimoto H1 3fives - V3 switchbacks DRL/Turn- V3 tail/turn - 30" led bar - Twin 5" bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Crummy View Post
            WRONG!!!!! Bad information that makes for a long night trying to figure it out.
            9007 wiring is correct bro....my b15 uses a 9007 setup and TESTING CONFIRMED it was blue was low beam, white was high beam, and brown was ground ...... either that or Nissan wired my car wrong cuz when i hit the highs my solenoid dropped my cutoff shield lol....the main issue is that the cars actual harness itself has different color wiring for driver and passenger side and unless you know how to read a diagram it can be a pain.....

Comment

Originally Posted by TRSAndrew
              On our harness:

Blue = high
              Brown/red = low
              White = ground

anyone double confirm this????? the forum has conflicting info on this

Comment

Originally posted by 96IMPALASS View Post
                Originally Posted by TRSAndrew
                On our harness:

Blue = high
                Brown/red = low
                White = ground

anyone double confirm this????? the forum has conflicting info on this
                I can confirm that, I set everything up and when I turned on the low beams the highs would be on and vice versa. I switched the brown/red with the blue and everything functions like normal.

edit: my harness was the mopar spec 9007/9004 harness
                Last edited by Landybomb; January 1st, 2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Just remember that the connector cannot be configured for both 9004 and 9007 at the same time so depending on which one you have, you'll need so swap pins.
                  Then most late models are switched ground, not switched hot so you wind up with 1 hot and 2 grounds on the vehicle side.
                  Last edited by 24valvediesel; January 1st, 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

i have the d2s bi xenon 9004/9007 TRS controller, the wiring is set up as a 9007, but my car is 9004. I swapped the blue and white wires on the trs controller and that didn't fix it. i will try and just switch the red/brown with the white.

Comment

Your body connector should be 1 wire always hot with switch off ( confirm with test light or meter) that should go to the connector ground. The other 2 are the low and high beam trigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X