Quad HID/LED projector wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad HID/LED projector wiring

I’m nearly finished doing my first retrofit on my 5th gen 4Runner. I have Profile bi-led projectors for the lows and micro D2S projectors for the highs. I’d like to be able to run 4 lows and 4 highs. I’m not exactly sure I’ll settle on that setup since I’ve installed halos and I don’t know if I’ll prefer seeing at night 4 beams or 2 beams with the smaller halos. At any rate, I’m pretty lost on the wiring. I have 1 relay harness and 4 9006>9006 splitters (but I recently realized the 4Runner low beams uses H11, so I gotta sort that out). Can anyone let me know if I’m missing anything and explain what goes where like I’m 5? Thanks!

Well, you would use the relay harness to power the lights, and use a splitter on the end of that to go to both the HID and the LED. Then you'd use splitters on your high beam to go to both solenoids.

Comment

On the quad that I have, I set each of the 2 pairs almost independently. That is, I start with separate wiring harness that allows for each pair to run lows and highs as they should, and added additional wiring with a 3-way switch so I can have the first pair only, the second pair only, or both. The main reason I have quads is to have 2 different pairs with different beam patterns, so a full-time quad (where all 2 pairs run at the same time) isn't really what I was looking for.

This was for a 9004 halogen bulb system, which is a dual filament. Details are here: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-example-pics=
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
      X