Hybrid vehicle wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid vehicle wiring question

Hello there just like the title says i have a lexus hybrid vehicle and looks like the 12v battery is on the back, however i do see a positive + connection inside the fuse box and lexus recommend it to only received charge via this port but not to draw power from it.

Im doing a quad Retrofit conversion and was wondering if is okay to run 2 sets of wiring harness to power up the projectors and get power from this positive + connection without damaging the hybrid battery

Note: lexus suggest that such connection is only in case the vehicle needs a jump start but not to jump start another vehicle since it can damage the hybrid battery.

And i going to be okay drawing power from this specific location? Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW vehicle is a ct200h
    Last edited by Joaquin; November 30th, 2021, 08:11 PM.

I have the same vehicle, and as you've said, that port is only to put power INto the car, not to draw power OUT from. It goes to the 12 volt "auxiliary" battery though, not the hybrid one. I would run the power cables to the battery directly just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      I have the same vehicle, and as you've said, that port is only to put power INto the car, not to draw power OUT from. It goes to the 12 volt "auxiliary" battery though, not the hybrid one. I would run the power cables to the battery directly just to be safe.
      Do you really think the headlights will draw that much power?
      Aslo would running hylux cambus ballasts directly from the original bulb socket would be enough for 2 ballasts per side?

Comment

Well, the entire point of the relay wire harness is to bypass all of the vehicle's wiring and get juice straight from the battery with properly-sized wires for the HID current draw. So, tapping into that charge port under the hood is not going to satisfy the point of this. You might as well just plug the HIDs straight into the head light sockets. Two per side though, yeah good luck with that! One per side, and I'd think that would be okay. But not two. Of course, you could always just try it and see how it goes, and then add the relay wire harness later if needed.

I'd love to see what you do though. I just did M-LED 2.0 in mine with the Lightwerkz brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
          Well, the entire point of the relay wire harness is to bypass all of the vehicle's wiring and get juice straight from the battery with properly-sized wires for the HID current draw. So, tapping into that charge port under the hood is not going to satisfy the point of this. You might as well just plug the HIDs straight into the head light sockets. Two per side though, yeah good luck with that! One per side, and I'd think that would be okay. But not two. Of course, you could always just try it and see how it goes, and then add the relay wire harness later if needed.

I'd love to see what you do though. I just did M-LED 2.0 in mine with the Lightwerkz brackets.
          Im doing basic setup rx330 hid projectors tuned by evan patak and h1 7.0 in the high beam area.

Comment

I am looking forward to see more of this upgrade. I got a Lexus hybrid myself too but not a ct200h. the only think I did to the battery was an upgrade from 44ah to 60ah.
            Subaru Outback retrofit:
            http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
            License plate lights with dual brightness:
            https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
              I am looking forward to see more of this upgrade. I got a Lexus hybrid myself too but not a ct200h. the only think I did to the battery was an upgrade from 44ah to 60ah.
              I just finished the headlights, looks like i will be running a relay harness and a splitter to the ballasts.

Comment

Yeah I realize I've been talking to you on the CT200h USA Facebook group (Tobias Sing). Still looking forward to seeing it all done

Comment

Working...
                X