Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What triggers the solenoids on the Hella Bi-Halogens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What triggers the solenoids on the Hella Bi-Halogens?

Hi all,

Trying again!!!
    I've sent a message to admins, still no reply to my issues!?

I can't type in the editor window as there's a space picture in there!? I'm actually typing this in a white font !

Also, the 'CAPTCHA' fails every 5 seconds ................. "Verification failed"

Why would I have to go through that everytime? I'm a forum member and I'm logged-in.

Any help appreciated.

TURK

Comment

I had the same problem, just hit the <> box on the left of the tool bar above the text entry area. Took me a google search to find out how... But to answer your question you hook up the solenoid to the high beam power. When you flip your high beams it will lower your shield. Just don't hook them up backward as I hear some will fry if you do. So check polarity first with a meter.

Comment

WOW! ................ you're absolutely bang-on with that one! clicking that little icon does work

.................. what is wrong with this editor?
        I was going to give you a little smiling emicon, but those don't work either!

Thanks for answering my question as well mate.
        Would I have to run another feed from the battery ( or relay ) or is it simply a case of getting the feeds from behind the bulb connectors?

TURK

Comment

Glad to be of help! I didn't post for the longest because of that, got me to get good at searching though lol. Emotes still don't work and kick me out of the message completely Not sure why...
          But to answer, If you have an unused high beam socket/plug, you can get a "pigtail" or "bulb plug extension" with the according end (9005 / h11 etc..)off ebay, and use that pigtail to feed your solenoid when you hit the high beam. It being low power consumption don't bother with a relay. It then makes it removable if you ever need to sell it or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerMan View Post
            But to answer, If you have an unused high beam socket/plug, you can get a "pigtail" or "bulb plug extension" with the according end (9005 / h11 etc..)off ebay, and use that pigtail to feed your solenoid when you hit the high beam. It being low power consumption don't bother with a relay. It then makes it removable if you ever need to sell it or what not.
            I make my own wiring harness's, but never had a unit with a low beam and high beam before. I guess I can take the direct feed from the bulb headlight connector, using a smaller gauge wire then.

Just been looking at Ocelaris' thread, a lot of very good information in there to make wiring harness's, but all of them have ballasts in the wiring diagram. I guess I can work that out for myself minus the ballasts, as my units are Halogens.
            I was going to post the link here, but that doesn't work either!

Many thanks for your help 4RunnerMan ; )

I emailed Admin again yesterday ................. still no answer as to why things aren't working my end!?

TURK

Comment

Originally posted by T4 Concepts View Post
              I emailed Admin again yesterday ................. still no answer as to why things aren't working my end!?
              What exactly are you emailing? What is your issue? If you're having a problem with TRS products, you have to contact TRS.

Comment

Hi gold94corolla,

I have a couple of issues, the first one we talked about above with 4RunnerMan, the text editor doesn't work correctly, I have an image of space in the editor window, I either have to write in white and then change the font back to black so you guys can see it. But as 4RunnerMan kindly suggested, I have to use the little ( <> ) icon in the top left of the window ............. but I'm still not getting the full functionality of the editor, like the rich text option for example.

Also, and more important to me is, the "I'm Not A Robot" CAPTCHA always fails. It comes up every 5 seconds!

Is it because I've not logged-in to my account for a while, therefore my member account needs to be 're-activated'?

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS; I've been using the 'CONTACT US' link at the bottom of the page.

TURK

Comment

Originally posted by T4 Concepts View Post
                  Hi gold94corolla,

I have a couple of issues, the first one we talked about above with 4RunnerMan, the text editor doesn't work correctly, I have an image of space in the editor window, I either have to write in white and then change the font back to black so you guys can see it. But as 4RunnerMan kindly suggested, I have to use the little ( <> ) icon in the top left of the window ............. but I'm still not getting the full functionality of the editor, like the rich text option for example.

Also, and more important to me is, the "I'm Not A Robot" CAPTCHA always fails. It comes up every 5 seconds!

Is it because I've not logged-in to my account for a while, therefore my member account needs to be 're-activated'?

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS; I've been using the 'CONTACT US' link at the bottom of the page.
                  I don't think the "contact us" link goes to anyone anywhere anymore :/ Your account looks good and normal to me. I wonder if it's where you are located though. Are you using any sort of IP address trickery or VPNs? The owners here had to install some super strong spam prevention stuff, which I have no control over. The forum just is what it is I'm afraid.

Comment

Hi gold94corolla,

Many thanks for the info.
                    And no, no internet trickery, no VPN, direct connection to my Internet provider ( Orange.fr ) as I'm in France.
                    Pretty much the same as AT&T in the US.
                    And added your site to 'Trusted Sites' in my ad-blocker.

I guess I'll have to live with it then ..............

TURK

Comment

yeah I think it's just the spam system being overly complicated and not trusting your IP location. Sorry about that

Comment

Not to worry then gold94corolla, Hopefully I can get back to my original question on the wiring side of things. I also hope that I can still upload photos as I need to show you guys something.

After investigating various wiring threads on the forum, one of which I mentioned earlier, I did notice how members were wiring 'bi' units, by that I mean units ( usually HID ) with integral low beam and high beams. I have a different approach however ............ not seen it anywhere else, so it got me wondering why people don't do it! Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is it not possible? or is it an accident waiting to happen!

The units I'm having to use are not HID ( sorry about that, I know it's mainly a HID forum ), but the units I already have were chosen because cost! They're the very popular Hella Bi-Halogens ........... great units, I know not the best for illumination, but it's what I have.

What I'll try and do is a mock-up of my install, and post the photo if that's OK.

Many thanks for your help.

TURK

Comment

Working...
                        X