Hid install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hid install

Hi guys new too this forum so hoping I’m posting this in right place. I installed a hid kit today in my f30 bmw. The lights are working but have noticed the beam pattern is messed up since installing. They have been installed into projector headlights so I don’t understand. Any help would be much Kt appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by gold94corolla; December 12th, 2020, 07:53 PM.

Either the bulbs are not the right type for the projectors, the bulbs are just cheaply horribly made, or they are not installed quite right.

Comment

What headlights [housings] do you have?

Comment

there called eagle eyes performance lamps. I bought online from Germany. Probably shit knowing my luck
        Last edited by gold94corolla; December 15th, 2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

So it's probably a halogen projector. What bulb does it take? Make sure the bulb is seated properly and the headlights are aimed properly.

Comment

yes I think they probably are halogen projectors although the drivers side light is perfect. I had the lights aligned when I installed them so they are aimed properly but I know installing hid’s can knock the alignment out again can it not? It’s more of a blob that’s the problem on the passenger side left. I will upload a pic
            Last edited by gold94corolla; December 16th, 2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it's not headlight alignment at all then. That leaves out the bulb not correctly installed, a bad bulb or a bad projector. If reseating the passenger side bulb does nothing, swap bulbs on either side with one another.
              2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
              Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
              CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

Working...
              X