Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-LED 2.0 retrofit into a ’01 Tacoma.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have purchased the Morimoto M-LED 2.0 retrofit kit to install into my 1st Gen Tacoma. I also have the MotoControl Bi-Xenon H4/9003 relay harness.

The issue I am having is when I plug everything up. With the truck on Low beams, the Projectors automatically go into High beam.

With parts left over, I can use a 9006 pig tails and plug directly to the Factory H4 socket and get each beam to function… I can’t get both beams to work at the same time.

For curiosity, I grabbed my old EK Civic retrofit (Mini-H1) headlights and plugged them into the MotoControl (the I was planning on using in the Tacoma). They fired up in Low Beam, then I could flip the high beams and highs worked.

If I flipped the blue & white wires, it would blow the fuse as soon as I hit Highs.

If I connect the Low+ to battery and L/H- to battery (no Highs on). Then I take the High+ and tapped the positive terminal and the highs functioned.

Which led me to the next thing and tool a volt meter the MotoControl outputs. I think I have found the issue; MotoControl has a .5v 'leak' on the high beam (full 12v when the Highs are on).

So if I take a "HD Relay - 9006" and add it into to the MotoControl high beam path, I'll get Low with functional highs.
    Last edited by wvuviv30; July 11th, 2020, 09:45 PM.

PROBLEM RESOLVED!

I spoke to TRS and after a few phone calls and emails, they suggested that I purchase the “LumaWerx H4/9003 Switching Ground Polarity Module” from HID Kit Pro.

Link: https://hidkitpros.com/shop/h49003-s...g-play-module/

Comment

Working...
    X