Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Bi Xenon I need your help Guys.

Hello guys

My Car is a 2018 KIA Cadenza premium with OEM D3S Bulb in LOW BEAM, 9005 Halogin Bulb in High BEAM, Turn Signal & LED DRL.
    One cable feed the hole headlights.

I am in the middle of a process to install a low beam & high beam projector.
    (low beam Q5 projector ) And ( high beam Hella F1 projector ).

link for 2020 AES Kingkong 3" HID Q5 Projector Lens :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32910899717.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.575e3c00K9Q9nz &mp=1

link for AES Kingkong F1 Hella 5 Bi-xenon Blue Or High Clear Projector Lens :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...c00K9Q9nz&mp=1

I wanna run quad bi xenon on a low beam without mess up the LED DRL & Turn Signal.

For the high beam mode the Q5 stayed running in low beam while the Hella F1 opened on high beam mode.
    I removed the OEM Ballast (Osram 35W) Because I think I can't modify the adapter cable.

So I am confused about how to set up the Ballast, Relay harness & Spilt Adapters. What should I buy to complete my setup?

I have already bought !
    1- 2020 AES Kingkong 3" HID Q5 Projector Lens Hi/Low Beam Bi Projector lens 3.0 inch for (LOW BEAM)
    2- AES Kingkong F1 Hella 5 Bi-xenon Blue Or High Clear Projector Lens 3.0 inch for (High BEAM)
    3- (4 PCS) D2S: PHILIPS 85122 XV2 XTREME VISION for low & high beam.

My need (I am guessing) :
    1- Quad Bi xenon HD relay & harness
    2- Split cable for the low beam and high beam.
    3- (4 PCS) Digital Ballast ( In my country, we have 45w AOZOOM Digital Ballast with Canbus)

I need your help guys, plz check the attached pic for more details

I am sorry for my English

Pic for more details !

OEM Headlight Diagram

My Projector Setup

OEM Ballast - D3S Bulb - 9005 Bulb -Adapters

Best regard

If the OE low beam stays on when you high beam, what I'd do is run the OE ballasts for the Q5, and have a separate circuit (relay harness + ballasts) that triggers off the low beam. You also can put a switch in so you can turn off/on the quad as you like.

If you choose to go full aftermarket, then yeah you'd need a "quad bi-xenon" setup, if that exists.
    For high beam you should be able to connect the solenoids to the high beam plug/wiring.

Granted my retrofit was for R32 Skyline which runs off a single H4 plug and splits to projector + high beam reflector, so my thinking may be [is] old school.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
      If the OE low beam stays on when you high beam, what I'd do is run the OE ballasts for the Q5, and have a separate circuit (relay harness + ballasts) that triggers off the low beam. You also can put a switch in so you can turn off/on the quad as you like.

If you choose to go full aftermarket, then yeah you'd need a "quad bi-xenon" setup, if that exists.
      For high beam you should be able to connect the solenoids to the high beam plug/wiring.

Granted my retrofit was for R32 Skyline which runs off a single H4 plug and splits to projector + high beam reflector, so my thinking may be [is] old school.

Thanks for your replay, I will update the subject with result after I receive my items.

Comment

I don't believe anyone sells a quad harness. I have a thread describing how I did it for a vehicle with dual filament halogen bulbs (i.e. single bulb for both low and high beams) for the OE setting:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-example-pics=

Posts 7, 8, and 9 show the progression from setting up a single pair of biXenon to a 3-way switchable quad. You can wire your harness directly to your final goal, but I find going 3 steps like that easier to troubleshoot and describe.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I'd power the Q5's ballasts with the OEM wiring and run a seperate harness for the F1's ballasts.

I don't believe anyone sells a quad harness
          https://www.theretrofitsource.com/qu...KIT?quantity=1
          Originally posted by HK45
          I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Interesting. The pictures only show a pair of connectors for feeding the ballast. Is it just a two-pack of the regular wiring harness then?

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
              Interesting. The pictures only show a pair of connectors for feeding the ballast. Is it just a two-pack of the regular wiring harness then?
              Now that I actually read the instructions, it's basically two of their 9006 harnesses plus splitters for the OEM low and high beam connections LOL

I'm not really a fan of their harnesses anyway, I find the terminals to be rather cheap in quality and prefer wire loom over braid for an OEM look.
              Originally posted by HK45
              I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Now that I actually read the instructions, it's basically two of their 9006 harnesses plus splitters for the OEM low and high beam connections LOL
                I suppose if that were actually the case, it would still work for the "full time quad" anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X