Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition switched and manual override led accents help

Hi

I'm trying to wire led accents to come on and off automatically with the ignition, for that I'll use a ignition live fuse as a trigger.

I would also like to be able to switch it on and off Manually, for that I have a radio controlled relay. It's a 4 channel so can expand things in the future.

I am switching the ground, not sure if this is ideal. What I've done is connect a 5 pin relay to the ignition trigger. And the com of the 5 pin to ground. The com of the remote relay to the light. Then NO to NC for each of the relays. So in this configuration whenever one relay is triggered it switches regardless of the other relays current mode. Unfortunately there is a scenario where if I switch the lights off manually when driving the lights then come on when the ignition is switched off.

How can I make this always be off when the ignition switched off? I'll attach a little video and diagram to explain what's going on.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/rAgqm1b1i9I
    Last edited by james4001; May 12th, 2020, 06:06 AM.

It sounds like you've got a really complicated thing going on, and I'm not sure why. What kind of LEDs are these? Why not just wire the hot straight to the ignition circuit with a switch and be done with it?

Comment

That wouldn't satisfy what I'm looking to achieve. Switching the power from the ignition wouldn't allow you to turn them on when the car is off.

Comment

You’ll need a switchback controller and a two in one out diode.

For your power wire you will run a tap from the parking lights and a tap from the acc wire to the two inputs for the diode.
        Wire the switchback controller with the “ off switch” + going to the the turn signal input, the acc/ park wire diode output going to the drl input, the drl output going to your leds. The turn signal output is unused.

Comment

Originally posted by carlthetruckguy View Post
          You’ll need a switchback controller and a two in one out diode.

For your power wire you will run a tap from the parking lights and a tap from the acc wire to the two inputs for the diode.
          Wire the switchback controller with the “ off switch” + going to the the turn signal input, the acc/ park wire diode output going to the drl input, the drl output going to your leds. The turn signal output is unused.
          Thanks for the reply, could you put this into a circuit diagram and show me an example of the controller you mention.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X