Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM D4S to AMP

hi all,

i have a 2015 subaru legacy now, with OEM halogen projector lights (H11).
    i planned on doing a D4S projector retrofit (RX350) but then came across a great deal for a pair of OEM xenon headlight assemblies on ebay that come with the bulbs and what i assume are igniters. this would be much easier, i figure, though a couple of the clips on the frame need to be fixed. looking for ideas on that also.

but my main question is this.
    as i was buying materials to do a retrofit, i now have "spare" HID ballasts (you know, with the AMP and H11 connectors) – would i be able to use those bulbs with a D2S to AMP adapter and my HID ballasts, or would i have to get an OEM headlight harness to make this work?

TLDR:
    1 – what are some ways to fix snapped/broken clips on a headlight assembly/frame?
    2 – would i be able to use the factory D4S bulbs with D2S-to-AMP adapters and i guess "regular" HID ballasts?
    My Retrofits:
    8th Gen Accord Morimoto 6.0 MH1 Retro
    8th Gen Civic Generic MH1 Retro

I use Jb plastic weld. They should sell a “tab repair kit” as well.

D4/D3 with no mercury run at 42v and D1/D2/H series(rebased D2) with mercury run at 85v.
    You’ll need matching ballasts and bulbs for them to work. Doesn’t have to be the same bulb type(adapters do work) or brand, just has to have the same voltage.

Comment

Gotcha. So I’ll buy the proper bulbs for my kit then and I should be g2g.

Thanks!
      My Retrofits:
      8th Gen Accord Morimoto 6.0 MH1 Retro
      8th Gen Civic Generic MH1 Retro

Comment

Originally posted by teezythakidd View Post
        Gotcha. So I’ll buy the proper bulbs for my kit then and I should be g2g.

Thanks!
        No problem! Glad to help!

Comment

Working...
        X