Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

I'm building some 7x6 sealed beam headlights. I'm all cut up, but I want to aim the projector. I didnt order everything I need, missing an h4 relay harness.
    What I do have is an Amazon bench tester, morimoto canbus h4 module, and ballast/igniters, h1 projectors. Is that all I would need to get the lights tested? Or do I need the h4 relay harness?
    Not really sure how to post pics from the phone

The relay harness allow you to test the final complete system. Without it, you're testing aiming and whether or not the bulb lights up when the ballasts are powered. Being able to test with the harness makes sure that the harness sends power to the bulb and shield (for high beam function) properly.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Ok. I was worried about maybe damaging something. I just want to aim them. Thanks

Comment

In that case, that should be fine. The harness' function is to provide power to the ballast and solenoid at the right times (e.g. to both when your OE light switch is on the high beam mode, instead of just powering the solenoid but the ballast loses power).
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
        X