CT200h separate low beam from high beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT200h separate low beam from high beam

I imagine this is a classic question. I want to separate my flash-to-pass high beams from the low beams to prevent my Denso ballasts from firing (I have a retrofit). I imagine I can do this through a relay somewhere by maybe cutting a wire. I'm not sure. I'd like to retain pushing the stock to keep the high beams on, and while i'm at it, prevent the fogs from being disabled when the high beam stalk is pushed. Yes kind of a dual request post, but my priority is disable low beams when pulling the high beam stock. I'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction

I know there's a CT200h guy on here I wonder if he did this. I imagine the wiring/relay may be similar to other Toyota or Lexus models.

I'll post about my build sometime. Basically 15 CT200h F Sport w/ D2S Morimoto V4 (i plan to get RX350s some time in the future), Denso D2S, CBIs, dual relay harness.

Fellow CT200h owner!

You can do it with a complex circuit I imagine, but there's no easy way to do it no. Really, don't worry about it. You're not gonna wear out your ballasts, Densos are near invincible. Had my set in the MR2, and now in the CT, both of which flash the low beams with the high beams. I looked into how to do this back in the day on my MR2 but never found any simple method.

Also the fogs need to go off when the high beams are triggered. Fogs will just worsen your distance vision.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Don't need too complex of a circuit for flash-to-pass. Use a SPDT relay on either the ground or power of the ballasts, coil circuit wired to parking lights. I suggested this method and was implemented somewhere in this thread https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...y-hid-retrofit
      Originally posted by HK45
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

delay relay; works perfect for me in my dd prius /

Comment

Working...
        X