Convert separate beams to dual beam projector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert separate beams to dual beam projector

Hello I want to thank everyone in advance for their time and apologize in advance if this is common knowledge or already posted perhaps my searches were not worded correctly for my question. I have a 96 corolla I'm doing a bunch of cool retrofit projects to. The car depending on the model came with separate beams or dual beams. Mine was made with separate beams. If I wanted to get an aftermarket dual beam housing and retrofit a dual beam projector into it. What is involved in the wiring? Is it as simple as plugging the bulb into the low beam and wiring the solenoid to the high beam plug? Or does it involve wiring up some separate relay for that?

Ok so the solenoid is on with low beam and off with high beam so power to the solenoid would have to come from the low beam side and switched off with a relay when high beam side is hot?

Comment

Originally posted by HiramAbiff33 View Post
      Is it as simple as plugging the bulb into the low beam and wiring the solenoid to the high beam plug?
      Yes. The HID goes to the low beam, and the solenoid goes into the high beam. I had the same car (1994) and did the same retrofit many years ago, going from the separate stock head lights to the combined JDM lights

Comment

Are you planning to have the two pairs be biXenon?
        Think of it as retrofitting two separate pairs. For a single pair, you will need one wiring harness that will properly send signal to the ballast and solenoid for low and high beams. With this harness, it will connect to one side of your OE bulb connector.

Repeat with a second harness for the second pair, connecting the other OE bulb connector.

More details:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-example-pics=
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
        X