Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta no high beams after retrofit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Volkswagen Jetta no high beams after retrofit?

Ok I have had a set of retrofits in my car for almost a year now, and they work great on the low beam but I cannot get the high beams to work correctly. Switching from low beam to high beam my bulbs shut completely off.

Parts:
    Acme H1 projectors
    Morimoto bulbs and ballast's
    Morimoto 9004/9007 relay harness with brown/white/blue wires

I asked on Headlight Junkies on FB and was told to swap the blue and white wires in the 9004/9007 plug on the relay harness. Doing this doesn't change anything after the fact. Now if I swap the brown wire from one end of the plug to the other it doesn't matter what position the white and blue wires are in in the other slots I have high beams on the low setting. Then when I flip the stalk from low to high the shield retracts as if to go to low beam, but then the bulb cuts completely off. Tonight after work before driving home I tried putting the brown wire in the middle like on the 9007 diagram vs. 9004 plug and again I have low beams but turning on the high beam inside the car cuts the bulb completely off.

I'm completely lost and confused and would appreciate any and all help.
    Thanks,
    Mark

I'm having trouble adding pictures but my car's OEM harness wires are white on the end, brown in the center, and yellow on the end.

Comment

Welcome to HID Planet!

Upload photos to a site like Imgur and post the BBcode here.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
        Welcome to HID Planet!

Upload photos to a site like Imgur and post the BBcode here.
        Thank you sir here are my photo's.

How it was before I repined.

Flipped blue and white wires, no change. I can swap brown from white to yellow and have high beams on low setting, flip high beams on inside the car and the shield drops and the bulb goes out.

Comment

Your relay harness might be fried. They're not very reliable sadly. Contact Morimoto and see what they can do for you. If you need a new one and this one is out of warranty, it's time to buy something else.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
            Your relay harness might be fried. They're not very reliable sadly. Contact Morimoto and see what they can do for you. If you need a new one and this one is out of warranty, it's time to buy something else.
            This one was just purchased through my local TRS dealer in January any idea what the warranty period is on them?

Comment

Well I feel like an idiot. I had forgotten or never realized these cars had 4 total head light fuses (L & R low beam and L & R high beam). One of the high beam fuses was blown which was causing the high beam circuit to not work correctly. My builder JP customs figured it out extremely quickly once he was able to put hands on it.

Comment

Great to hear! Easy fix.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                X