Relay harness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay harness

In my quad setup, the MD2S will be ran off a toggle switch. I looked at the harnesses on the retrofit source and didn't see any for for the D series. So would the H1 relay harness be fine to use?

also the high beam for both set of projectors will be ran off a toggle switch, should i use a relay for that as well, or just have an inline fuse?

The projector has two connectors; one to the D2S ballast, and another should be a generic 9006 connector for the solenoid.

A biXenon relay harness has two types of "output" connectors; one to the ballast, and another to the solenoid. The type of connector to the ballast is probably the same. The one to the solenoid is a 9006.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Ok. So say i get the H13 bixenon harness. I could cut the plug off of the harness (where the factory harness will plug into) and solder the wires from my toggle switch to the relay harness. But i would like to be able to activate all 4 solenoids with one switch. If i used this bixenon harness, only 2 of the solenoids will be activated.

i do have an extra mopar spec bixenon harness. Since only one of the factory headlight harness plugs is being used, maybe i could plug my extra mopar spec harness into the spare factory plug and only connect the solenoids from that harness? Then all the solenoids will be activated at the same time and i can use an H1 relay harness connected to my toggle switch to activate the ballasts.That make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by KTMrider450 View Post
        Then all the solenoids will be activated at the same time and i can use an H1 relay harness connected to my toggle switch to activate the ballasts.That make sense?
        I think so. Looks like the quad you're looking into is a full time quad.

Comment

I want to turn on each set individually. So one set will turn on and off with the factory headlight switch, the other set will turn on and off from a toggle switch. Then all 4 solenoids will be activated from one toggle switch.

Comment

Is your OE low beam switch separate from the OE high beam switch?

On mine, they aren't which makes the 3-way quad wiring I adopted the most reasonable, because I can get either or both pairs to respond to the OE low and high beam switch positions. The only additional switch is to decide whether pair "A", "B" or "A&B" respond(s) to the OE switch. This also means that the OE flash-to-pass mode is also available for the 3 choices.

Comment

If i understand you correctly, the low beam is on a knob and the high beam is when you pull back on the blinker lever. So they are on different switches.

Comment

Does the OE headlight have separate low and highs?

Comment

Not separate bulbs. It's a 06 dodge ram.

Comment

Working...
                  X