Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for bike

Hey all,

So I am still considering doing an HID upgrade on my bike, I understand that the cut off might not be ideal for cornering at night however I feel as if it will still provide more light overall and I can just slow down for the corners if need be.

At the moment only the one light is the dims and then when I turn the brights on the other light turns on. I would like to replace both sides with bi-xenon projectors and have it wired up so that both lights are on by default and then both solenoids get activated when I put the brights on.

How difficult would it be to wire it up this way and how would one go about doing such a thing? Are there wiring harnesses which would do it automatically to make my life easier?
    The bulbs on my bike are H7 and the HID kit I am looking into would come with an H4 wiring harness for a car - I can see if it's possible to change the wiring harness if need be.

What HID kit are you considering? I hope you're talking about a projector retrofit.

It should be pretty easy with custom wiring. Not sure about bike harnesses because I've never used one. Just run both low beam outputs from the one low beam input. Same for the high beam.You can use a splitter on the high beam and connect them to the projector solenoids.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

It is an NHK kit, it comes with projectors.

If I do that, I would need to get the connectors in order to wire it up properly myself?
      Makes sense though just wiring both to the single low beam connector and then connecting the high beam to both solenoids.

Comment

I guess the best would be to get an H4 wiring kit and then cut that and wire it into the existing H7 connectors and such?

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but that sounds like it would work.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by PsyCLown View Post
            I guess the best would be to get an H4 wiring kit and then cut that and wire it into the existing H7 connectors and such?
            Yes.

Originally posted by HK45
            I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

no problem with that...just use splitters...

but my main concern is your bike charging capability...

i'm afraid that if you turn on both of your headlight HID projector together at the same time, the alternator would have a very hard time to keep the battery charged...

my suggestion for dual headlight bike....

use 2 projector...

1- bixenon projector
              2- dedicated high beam projector (preferred with halogen bulb)

so low beam just came from 1 projector...
              while high beam supplied by bi-xenon hid projector and the dedicated high beam halogen projector... (hid projector can be converted for halogen high beam usage without much trouble)

Comment

Originally posted by ^pomen_GTR^ View Post
                no problem with that...just use splitters...

but my main concern is your bike charging capability...

i'm afraid that if you turn on both of your headlight HID projector together at the same time, the alternator would have a very hard time to keep the battery charged...

my suggestion for dual headlight bike....

use 2 projector...

1- bixenon projector
                2- dedicated high beam projector (preferred with halogen bulb)

so low beam just came from 1 projector...
                while high beam supplied by bi-xenon hid projector and the dedicated high beam halogen projector... (hid projector can be converted for halogen high beam usage without much trouble)
                I was wondering the same, but more so whether it would be fine starting both projectors.
                I figured once running it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

What sort of modifications would the projector need and how would one attach the bulb to the projector?

Comment

Originally posted by PsyCLown View Post

I was wondering the same, but more so whether it would be fine starting both projectors.
                  I figured once running it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

What sort of modifications would the projector need and how would one attach the bulb to the projector?

or if u worry about charging system.. then running fulll halogen bulb in hid projector also possible...

just im not sure how long the projector chrome bowl coating would last...

as for projector like H1 version... with little dremel to enlarge the bulb insert hole a little bit, then halogen bulb can be installed without any other issue... (as might require bulb shim/adjustment for perfect hot spot)

Comment

Working...
                  X