Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Versa Note JDM headlights

So,
    I am creating a custom harness adapter for my Versa Note which I found on a Japanese website to convert the OEM American halogens headlights to the JDM LED headlights.

The adapter works perfectly, there’s only one problem..

The original halogen uses the same bulb for both the high and low beam and the JDMs have a separate LED low beam and a 9005 high beam bulb.

So the issue is that when you hit the high beams they shut off the low beams and LED strip. The JDM factory harness for those cars equipped with the led lights from the factory keeps the Low beams and led strip on with the high beams.

I wanted to use a relay and fuse tap to tap into the tail lights. Would that work or would the fact that the current coming from both the original factory wiring and the current from the relay utilizing the tail lights fuse tap as the switch and power from the battery be too much current?

I’m not an expert but I’ve installed HIDs etc and have basic knowledge of lighting and am able to wire everything I just don’t want to wreck my headlights!!

Last edited by pgr1990; April 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM.

You shouldn't be running JDM headlights in the US. They're made for RHD roads, we are LHD, so you'll be blinding people.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64
      You shouldn't be running JDM headlights in the US. They're made for RHD roads, we are LHD, so you'll be blinding people.
      I’ll be sure to aim them before I drive with them like every other HID kit I’ve run. It’s going to be unorthodox for sure but I’m sure I can adjust them to avoid blinding anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like every other HID kit

You make a habit of running hid kits in headlights built for RHD vehicles?

By the time you aim them low enough so as to keep from blinding people, theyll be too low to be any use to you.

Comment

Yeah that's the issue. Aim them low enough not to blind and you won't see anything anyway. Trust me, I don't come from a place of judgement... I've been there. Running OEM JDM headlights.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I’m a little confused as in Europe the UK and Ireland are LHD and Germany and France are RHD are you telling me they don’t drive their cars into each other’s countries?

Comment

Thats not what were telling You. What we are telling you is that it would be useless to fit these RHD lights into your car. Either youre blinding everyone you pass, OR you dont have proper distance vision. Its a lose-lose situation.

Comment

Maybe it would be better to just retro fit them then when I get them then the wiring will be simple.. but the cost will go up..

Comment

Why not just retrofit the OEM lights? If its a dual filament bulb, TRS sells the mini D2S with adapter rings to ensure proper alignment. Given that it is an H4 that your car uses.

Comment

ALRIGHT EVERYONE.. I’m retrofitting these bad boys with either M-LEDs or Hid projectors with D2S bulbs, having an independent DRL strip on top and calling it a day.

Will send pics when done

Comment

Some cars have switches to go betweeen LHD and RHD beam patterns. France requires beam altering stickers to be installed on the headlights before entering the country. So yeah, they do travel between countries, but they have provisions to avoid such problems. Glad to hear you're retrofitting, a proper D2S projector will have better output than the OEM LED headlights anyway. I wouldn't recommend the MLED though. Not much width and a low hotspot.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64
                        Some cars have switches to go betweeen LHD and RHD beam patterns. France requires beam altering stickers to be installed on the headlights before entering the country. So yeah, they do travel between countries, but they have provisions to avoid such problems. Glad to hear you're retrofitting, a proper D2S projector will have better output than the OEM LED headlights anyway. I wouldn't recommend the MLED though. Not much width and a low hotspot.
                        I am going to do the “i lens” led projectors. They blew the morimotos away in comparisons and are half the price.

Will post pics when it’s all done.

Comment

Working...
                        X