Single Beam to Double Beam Wiring Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Beam to Double Beam Wiring Help

This is my first post here at HIDPlanet.

I did try to search the forum, but I couldn't find anything, hence decided to post a new topic. Pardon me if this already exists, Mods can move/delete the topic if they please.

My current car comes with a headlamp that takes a single H4 bulb for both high/low beams. Since this wasn't quite effective for highway drives, I got the newer version of my car's headlights which is a projector setup. This new setup takes H11 (low beam) and H1 (high beam). The headlamp fits perfectly, but there is one issue.

When I switch from low to high, the low beam in the projector turns OFF. Is there any way I can keep both ON when using the high beam. ??

Should I use a Relay or a Diode ?? Also a wiring diagram would be helpful.

Thank you.

Welcome to HID Planet!

You'll need a Morimoto Motocontrol H4 harness for that. And for the low beam you can use a 9006 to H11 adapter.

Or you could modify your headlight relay. It's super ghetto but it works great, been working for 3 years now. I bridged the low and high side of the headlight relay.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

What model/year vehicle? You may not need diodes etc
      Originally posted by HK45
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Its an Indian car, specifically 2017 Tata Tiago.

The projector lights is what I'm moving to from the reflector headlights.

Here's a picture. Don't know how to upload pics here.
        http://images.asianage.com/images/05...mg-preview.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X