Wiring question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hello everyone I have a quick question I recently install a set of fogs on a 2011 sienna and the fogs didn't have any relay harness. My question is if is Okay to connect the fogs direct to the existing HID kit on the car using a high beam splitter ?

Connect the fogs to the existing HID kit? Are you taking about running two sets of bulbs off one set of ballasts? How does the high beam splitter come into play? Why are there HIDs in your fogs?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Connect the fogs to the existing HID kit? Are you taking about running two sets of bulbs off one set of ballasts? How does the high beam splitter come into play? Why are there HIDs in your fogs?
      I never said I had hid bulds on my fogs .

Comment

Could you add a bit more detail on your setup?

For your headlight, it is currently running biXenon only (as in there is no separate high beams), and you're asking whether the "high beam" connection that currently powers the solenoid can be used to also power a pair of 55W halogen bulbs (in a foglight)?

If so, then the answer should be yes, although I would preferrably run the split upstream of the biXenon's wiring harness. I believe some of the "high beam" wires in a biXenon wiring harness aren't designed for a large current (that can power 50+W bulbs), but more for the solenoids (which needs much less).
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          Could you add a bit more detail on your setup?

For your headlight, it is currently running biXenon only (as in there is no separate high beams), and you're asking whether the "high beam" connection that currently powers the solenoid can be used to also power a pair of 55W halogen bulbs (in a foglight)?

If so, then the answer should be yes, although I would preferrably run the split upstream of the biXenon's wiring harness. I believe some of the "high beam" wires in a biXenon wiring harness aren't designed for a large current (that can power 50+W bulbs), but more for the solenoids (which needs much less).
          Actually the fogs are the morimoto direct replacement for toyota vehicles, but somehow the car does not come with factory fog lights I had to make them fit but at the moment I still don't know how to connect the fogs .

Comment

So the foglights will only light up if you turn your OE light switch to high beam mode then. The answer then depends on how much current the fogs and the headlight solenoids draw. The latter typically won't draw much, but if your fogs draw anything above 35W, I wouldn't go with that simple splitting route.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
            X