Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 F-150 OEM HID's

Hey guys, got a question for ya.

asking for my friend. He has a 2013 F150 with the OEM Hids (Canada truck with turn signals for DRLs). He was able to pick up a mini d2s 4.0 retrofit from a 2012 F-150 that had halogens standard. So, we're trying to figure out how to make his 2013 F150 wiring work with the retrofit. I haven't found too much with searching throughout the web. The plug that plugs into the factory headlights from the trucks harness is a 4 wire plug. (http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=F-150)

Now, what I'm trying to do is find either a direct harness to work with these or figure out what I'm going to have to cut and splice. My problem is the truck is 4hrs away so using a multimeter is out of the question. I'm also worried about the canbus system but I'm thinking because it has HIDs stock, it won't be too much of an issue.

Feel free to ask any questions, any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

What's the point in switching from the OEM HIDs to the aftermarket ones?
    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Knowing Ford, the OEM HIDs suck.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Well, the OEM projectors aren't terrible but they have NO width. The common swap is evox-R's but my friend was able to pick up a set of 2012 f150 headlights that were retrofitted with the mini d2s 4.0's for cheaper than we would have been able to do the evox-r's for.

Also,

I was able to locate the info I needed. Oddly enough this did not come up with HIDP's search function-

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...ght-connectors

Comment

HIDP search (as well as most forum search) sucks. Go to Google and search "site:hidplanet.com blah blah" so Google can do the proper work but limit the search results to HIDP. This works for any site!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

try contacting raptor retrofits. he did a ton of work both with the led housings and the oem hid housings. i doubt he has what you're looking for on-hand, as it's backward of what everyone else seems to do(a lot of people modded the hid housings with aftermarket projectors to improve on them), but he can likely make a harness for what you need.
            The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
            X