Projector bowel changed color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector bowel changed color

I wasn't happy with the way I retrofitted my Forester XT projectors and decided to take the headlight apart today. All was good until I sprayed lysol inside one of the projector bowles. The bowel color went for polished chrome to polished bronze.
    Is there anything I can do to reverse the chemical reaction?
    Need the car Monday morning but can't get new projectors that fast.

I think those bowels are ready to be crapped

But srsly those bowels probably went to shyt....

Probably nothing can get your bowels back into original shape... lysol is pretty corrosive there should be a warning to keep it away from there... bowels are pretty sensitive and usually distilled water is recommended with little to no physical agitation to prevent scarring of the bowel... you really don't want to get any part of your hand up in there... maybe a quick flush with water and blast some air through there and that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by nine44 View Post
      I think those bowels are ready to be crapped

But srsly those bowels probably went to shyt....

Probably nothing can get your bowels back into original shape... lysol is pretty corrosive there should be a warning to keep it away from there... bowels are pretty sensitive and usually distilled water is recommended with little to no physical agitation to prevent scarring of the bowel... you really don't want to get any part of your hand up in there... maybe a quick flush with water and blast some air through there and that's all.

That is what I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by damol589 View Post
        That is what I figured.
        Unfortunate 😢

Comment

You can always put a bulb in and test the output. Maybe it'll turn a 5000k bulb into a 3850k

Comment

That was some hilarious shi!t, nine44! Very creative writing.

Comment

Try it as is.
              If no good u may even try high heat chrome spray pain as a last resort. Some projectors like OEM e55 come with a dull silver bowl.

Comment

Headlight reflective surfaces are vapor deposited aluminum which is much much more reflective than chrome. If its visibly burned its loosing huge amounts of output. Some places in the EU specialize in refurbishing them or you could just swap in a new bowel/projector.

Comment

Originally posted by rdriggett View Post
                  Headlight reflective surfaces are vapor deposited aluminum which is much much more reflective than chrome. If its visibly burned its loosing huge amounts of output. Some places in the EU specialize in refurbishing them or you could just swap in a new bowel/projector.
                  +1 to this

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

For really dirty projector reflectors dishwashing liquid, hot water, and your fingers work wonders. Otherwise straight hot water with compressed air immediately afterwards is all that is needed to restore the reflectors back to like-new condition.
                    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by rdriggett View Post
                      This is true but usually impractical for consumers since it costs too much for a couple of items. Might as well get new projectors for a similar price. That's why paint is a cheaper temporary-ish alternative.

Comment

Is nobody going to mention that bowel = poop pocket inside your butt?
                        It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
                        2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Originally posted by infinite012 View Post
                          4 hours of sleep for a few weeks will do that to you :P

Comment

Originally posted by infinite012 View Post
                            I've just been sitting back watching them calling it a bowel and chuckling at the fact that nobody is correcting them lol
                            2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
                            2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

If you read nine44's reply, it was really obvious he was alluding to that. Personally I was going to recommend taking your bowel to the gastroenterologist, and see if he could do a digital examination.
                              [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Adjustable OEM Ballasts ] [ Bi-halogen projectors with HIR bulbs]

Comment

Working...
                              X