MH1 quad retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH1 quad retrofit

Hello, I have a general question about quad retrofit.

High beam is h9, h11 lows and fogs are 880.

My lowbeam is already retro'ed but I wasnt the one who did it and the wiring on it is so complex for me that I dont want to touch it. So my plan is to put the second pair of mh1's on the highbeam spot, but wire it from my fogs so that I can switch the quad on or off using the foglight switch

Im just making sure what exactly I need.

2x ballast (880 input, h1 output?), relay that connects in the battery and 9006 female to h9 male for the highbeam function? and h1 bulbs.

Lastly, am I going to fry my 880 stock wiring since 880 is only 27w while the ballast is 35w or more on the startup?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cyrlson; December 23rd, 2015, 01:20 AM.

Here's what I would do: Get a 9006(really doesn't matter just as long as it's not a MotoControl harness) HD Relay Harness. Splice into your fog hot wire and run into a relay. This will be your trigger. Then cut off the connector on the HD harness and connect the hot to the relay out and the ground to the chassis. Then the main hot of the HD harness to the battery. The HD harness will have two 9006 outs for the ballasts. You will need splitters for the solenoids.

What you need:

HD Relay Harness
    2 Ballasts
    1 Relay
    2 H9 Femal to 9006 Male Splitters
    Some 12-14g Wire
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cyrlson View Post
      Lastly, am I going to fry my 880 stock wiring since 880 is only 27w while the ballast is 35w or more on the startup?
      That's the benefit of using a relay harness; you tap the original "power" wiring and use it only as a "signal" input to the relay harness. The relay harness then gets "power" directly from the battery.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Cool. Thanks HK and satrya.!!

Comment

Working...
        X