Noob here! Mk6 golf retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob here! Mk6 golf retrofit

So I bought everything required, and thought I was gonna be able to pry open the permasealed lights Heat heat cycles from a heat gun......boy was I wrong. Ended up cutting open the housing.

My question here is, what epoxy do you guys use to seal them back up? Would the plastiweld or waterweld epoxy putty be good enough with silicone over it? It's rated at 300 degrees. Any input would be greatly appreciated, don't wanna have any moisture build up when they are installed on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would probably be best to plastic weld them back together IMHO. You shouldn't have given up trying to open them up. It's doable, but you have to patient and persistent.
    2010 Civic Si

Comment

One of csjoh's retrofit (thread posted somewhere in this forum) heat welded the housing back together.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Yeah, plastic welding is the way to go.

In my case I am lucky that I can weld both the inside and outside since I'm enlarging the housing, but for cases where the front lens is on I would absolutely strengthen it with some wire mesh melted into the plastic, and epoxy on top of that. I do that for my housing as well, just to make sure it never comes apart again.

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Comment

Retrofit Golf Mk7
            Morimoto
            Mini h1
            Shrouds Iris
            led bar duas chip amber white
            6000k hid kit with fast Bright ballast

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Comment