Q5 Bi-Xenon Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q5 Bi-Xenon Lens

Can someone shed some light on the head lights in the link below. It says these lights have Q5 Bi-Xenon Lens for low beams that use an H7 bulb. I do not know enough to know if these are HID projectors or halogen projectors. I have emailed teh company,but,they are not giving me a clear answer.

I am thinking that the HID H7 bulbs are halogen projectors,but,I really do not know and if they are,I do not want them.

Thanks in advance!!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AKD-C...561914128.html

They are not giving you a clear answer because they are crap

And Bi-Xenon "lens" lol
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Many vendors that sell a variety of things don't really know what they're selling beyond what the packaging says. And the label is often not regulated, so the manufacturer, distributor, or reseller can slap on anything there that is considered marketable.

Best bet is find someone else in a hyundai forum that has bought it, and is reasonably knowledgeable about retrofits.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
        They are not giving you a clear answer because they are crap

And Bi-Xenon "lens" lol
        Thank you for being so honest,I shall stay away from them. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          Many vendors that sell a variety of things don't really know what they're selling beyond what the packaging says. And the label is often not regulated, so the manufacturer, distributor, or reseller can slap on anything there that is considered marketable.

Best bet is find someone else in a hyundai forum that has bought it, and is reasonably knowledgeable about retrofits.
          That makes sense as I emailed them 3 times asking the same question and they never really answered the question.Its like they were confused ,did not understand what I was asking,or,just did not know.

This is for a 2015 Sonata and there are at least a few guys interested in these lights,but,noone has done their headlights with the exception of Morimoto HID'S including myself. I guess I will wait until there are more and better options as time goes by.

Comment

at least that site has a lot of pictures and text

even if they are useless lol

Comment

^
              Or you can be the pioneer, and share your experience with others.

(edit: referring to post#5, not gold's)

Comment

Thats similar to the headset retrofit I got for my 2011 Sonata. Q5's are similar to MD2S projectors. Anyway, if you search my threads I believe I have a few thorough posts with images and comparisons of what I had.

Comment

For me, there's just something wrong if a company doesn't know what they are selling. That's just a huge trust issue in my eyes. You are just setting yourself up for a lot of problems down the road.
                  Last edited by HK45; December 12th, 2015, 11:36 PM.
                  *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Q5 Bi-Xenon Lens

I think they rely on people being just as uneducated or simply not caring about performance. We are obviously the exception, but people in the real world are completely oblivious to problems with their output. We see this in the form of PnP's, beams hitting the floor 5 feet away from them, headlights off during the night depending on their DRL, and a bunch of other things.

There was this guy a 2010ish mustang with a set of fleaBay halo headlights visiting my apartment complex right, As he was pulling out of the parking space facing the apartment complex, his headlights were still warming up with horrid green tint...but one sides cutoff was literally near the rooftops of the three story building at about 100ft from the wall. He might have been able to see planes in the sky, but god forbid if his car didn't look cool.

Tapatalktalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Originally posted by emerica243 View Post
                      Thats similar to the headset retrofit I got for my 2011 Sonata. Q5's are similar to MD2S projectors. Anyway, if you search my threads I believe I have a few thorough posts with images and comparisons of what I had.
                      I remember your lights well from the Sonata forums.So the Q5 are HID projectors,right?

Comment

It's a good knock off of the EClass Dual Led projector headlight; looks wise.

Comment

So,noone knows if Q5's are hid projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by lightyear View Post
                            So,noone knows if Q5's are hid projectors?
                            Audi Q5? Yes. That's where the Mini D2S 3.0 is derived from.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                              Audi Q5? Yes. That's where the Mini D2S 3.0 is derived from.
                              I have no idea if they are Audi Q5's in these headlights,thats what I am really asking. They just say Q5. Would you suspect they are knock offs?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AKD-C...561914128.html

Comment

Working...
                              X