Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'02 Sierra Denali Mini H1 Install/Wiring Questions NOT Projector Related...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 Sierra Denali Mini H1 Install/Wiring Questions NOT Projector Related...

Finally getting around to installing my Mini H1 kit that I got last Nov. I'm looking at a box of parts and don't know where to start. When I search I get a lot of info on retrofitting the projector housings, that seems like the easy/fun part to me. The location and install of the relay/harness and ballasts and it's wiring is what stops me from beginning the project and I don't see any tutorials on my specific truck or anything close. Is there a specific place to install the ballasts and relay or do you just find a spot that works? If there is a tutorial or if anyone has done this on the same series truck please give any input or installation tips that you think would help....

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/diy...on-guides.html

Give the above a good look through. Lots of useful info for first timers. Pretty much you put the ballasts where you can fit them. Inside the housing is easiest if they can fit, but most are secured in the engine bay somewhere. Any other questions you have we are glad to help. Good luck :-)
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

I've got basically the same setup as you will have, I mounted my ballasts to the core support under the plastic cover and mounted my relay on the driver side of the core support. Click on my retro link in my sig and you can actually see them in the third pic.
      ***MH1 Retro***
      "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
      - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Thanks, sorry for the delay....had some problems with the housings, one broke and the other I decided to drill the new projector flange out so that the SS bolts that I had would fit, it didn't work out the way I wanted. Now I'm trying to figure out how many of the parts in the small bag are really needed on the back of the projector where the bulb goes. Three places that show these parts broken down have the parts in different places, the YouTube video shows him putting a silicone gasket under the bulb, TRS does not, it probably only needs the 3 prong bulb holder and the clip.

Comment

The large white silicone washer is used between the bowl of the projector and the reflector. It's pretty much just used as a spacer and to lock the projector in a little firmer. But is is not necessarily needed. All that is needed on the end of the threaded shaft is the bulb holder assembly which consist of the metal bulb holder, the clip, and 3 screws.
          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
            The large white silicone washer is used between the bowl of the projector and the reflector. It's pretty much just used as a spacer and to lock the projector in a little firmer. But is is not necessarily needed. All that is needed on the end of the threaded shaft is the bulb holder assembly which consist of the metal bulb holder, the clip, and 3 screws.

Thanks, I kind of figured that out, this install does not use a reflector. The guy in the video puts a silicone washer under the bulb....so nothing goes between the bulb holder and the bulb, the smaller one sure fits like it does? If not what seals the bulb, without it it's just hard plastic against metal? Also in Boosted's pictures and the video it shows a rubber cap or boot over the bulb socket wires, my harness just has a connector but no rubber boot that covers the connector and the bulb socket is cut off at an angle, you can see it in Boosted's picts, one of the 3 screws is visible from the back of the socket. That area is not sealed and goes directly into the projector, how can everything be sealed up and not that?? In the video the guy takes the H1 bulb out of a clear plastic tube and the wire is already connected to the bulb and has that rubber boot, my bulbs come loose in a box of 2 with no wires or boots. Some of the videos and tutorials are a little older, maybe the parts/directions were a little different. My bulbs, harness and connector look like this:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.Vj_uDiu6q70
            Last edited by Kato; November 8th, 2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Maybe this will help a little better

http://customgm.com/exterior-how/882...eadlights.html
              ***MH1 Retro***
              "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
              - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BOO5TED View Post
                Maybe this will help a little better
                That's the one where he puts the silicone washer under the bulb, his bulb and yours also have a boot that goes over the end of the bulb, mine does not. The way TRS shows it in their parts diagram there is no washer under the bulb, it does not fit anyway. I'm stuck now, I broke the R/H housing and adjuster bracket, waiting for the used on to come. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                X