How do I adjust bulb seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I adjust bulb seating

I noticed on my Fusion fogs that were placed inside my stock fog light housing when I push the back of the bulb up to make the cutoff lower a few things happen. The brightness goes from a 4 to about a 7 out of 10. The return wire shadow goes almost away entirely. They go from meh to pretty nice. When I took the rubber grommet out I could reproduce it every time but the bulb was not locked in. When I put the rubber grommet back in it locks the bulb in but in the not as optimal position. Any idea how I get them to lock in at the optimal sweet spot?

Also, has this ever happened with any one else's Fusions?

The amount of adjustment you need would probably equal to a few thin strips placed on one side of the bulb base. You'd have to experiment.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

They should be perfect out the box.

But yeah, sounds like you just need thin shims to level things out. Cereal box thin cardboard is a prime example
      2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

^
        I assumed that the OP was asking about a rebased H3c HID bulb's placement in the fusion fogs instead of halogen H3 bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          ^
          I assumed that the OP was asking about a rebased H3c HID bulb's placement in the fusion fogs instead of halogen H3 bulbs.
          Correct.

I still swear up and down that the fogs were designed for HIDs. They are crap when running a halogen bulb...

Comment

Yes I put a H11 Elite kit in Fusion fog lights that I retro-ed into my existing fog light housings. I have to say it was a good amount of work and i'm no where near impressed....

I actually got TRS to replace the bulbs after 40 hours but the new ones are exactly the same output. I was manually adjusting one of them by grabbing the back and noticed the instant increase in brightness when I put upward pressure on the back on the bulb.

Comment

Maybe you got replica fusion fogs.

Because they should be badass right out the box with HIDs

Comment

I ordered part 7H6Z-15200-AACP from an online ford parts dealer.....should I have purchased a different part number?

Comment

Maybe your bulbs aren't straight?
                  2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
                  1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
                    Maybe your bulbs aren't straight?
                    I was sort of implying that possibility on post #4. Rebased bulbs don't always sit correctly enough.

Comment

Both sets act the same way as far as appearing better if the base is pressed up. TRS sent me a new set because the first was just as yellow as the halogen bulbs they replaced...just brighter. The new set is exactly the same as the original set in terms of color and brightness.

Comment

Working...
                      X