Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Sierra Projector Retrofit - RX-350/ FX-R/ Mini H1

Hey guys,

I am wanting to retrofit my sierra with oem denali projectors. Any thoughts on the RX-350 vs FX-R vs Mini H1? The RX-350 is a little more spendy, but is it worth the extra cost? Many people have put the minis in, but I want the best light I can get in the small housing. Both the RX-350 and FX-R would be a squeeze, but I don't mind cutting or taking my time. This will be my 3rd retrofit, but first one in the sierra. I want to buy this weekend over the 4th of July Sale from TRS.

Any Comments or advice?

Thanks!
    Taylor

Hands down RX350. FX-Rs are nice but can't touch OEM 350s. MH1 doesn't even belong in the same sentence as the other two.

/thread
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks, Looks like I'll be trying to squeeze the 2.5" FXR into the oem style denali headlight or putting the RX350 into the reflector style clear aftermarket headlight. TRS RX350s are OEM? Might also look into the square D2S, half the cost of the RX350 and I think they would look good in the square aftermarket housing.

Comment

I agree. MMH1 is for rookies with no mistakes.

I agree with HK. RX350 would be my choice over the FX-R in terms of output. FX-R is a great projector in its own for what it is.

And you can make anything fit. I put an FX-R projector in my Durango. Half the headlight was removed in order to make it fit
        2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

I believe you have to be careful on depth with the denali style lights. some have had issues. The reflector housings are a little more forgiving on depth. But even then I still had to heat and mold the windshield washer reservoir a little for my TL projectors

Anything is a upgrade from the denali projectors though. Even the MH1 lol. Out of those options, I would go with the rx350 as well. I would have used them, but I caught a sweet deal on my TL's and wanted to challenge myself.

04 Yukon XL
          3G TL, XB5500k, 55w, ZKW-R
          MH1, 3five 5000k, 3five.
          Build thread

Fusions in progress.

Comment

^ This guy's headlights with the Gatling shrouds were a thing of beauty!
            RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Good thing is with the Denali style lights you don't need shrouds, they are built into the lights already.

***MH1 Retro***
              "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
              - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Yeah lol, you gonna try to get the RX350 in those?

I got a set of these recently and was gonna see if I could fit the RX350 in 'em. I didn't like the halos or LEDs that come built-in so I'm not going to wire those up.
                RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Lezner View Post
                  ^ This guy's headlights with the Gatling shrouds were a thing of beauty!
                  Haha Thanks alot man! I appreciate it! I wanted a challenge and I got one lol. But the finished product turned out well. I am regretting painting them though. Want to make a chrome set now!

04 Yukon XL
                  3G TL, XB5500k, 55w, ZKW-R
                  MH1, 3five 5000k, 3five.
                  Build thread

Fusions in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Lezner View Post
                    Yeah lol, you gonna try to get the RX350 in those?

I got a set of these recently and was gonna see if I could fit the RX350 in 'em. I didn't like the halos or LEDs that come built-in so I'm not going to wire those up.
                    Nothing a "little" trimming of the core support can't fix lol. I'm happy with the mini h1s in them for now, not sure if I want to redo them or not.
                    ***MH1 Retro***
                    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
                    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BOO5TED View Post
                      Nothing a "little" trimming of the core support can't fix lol. I'm happy with the mini h1s in them for now, not sure if I want to redo them or not.
                      Yeah lol, If those don't work I'll be back to another OEM reflector set. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X