No announcement yet.

Has anyone got the new XB35 6500k yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got the new XB35 6500k yet?

I've searched far and wide across the entire internet, and there is not one single review or picture of the Morimoto XB35 6500k hids.

I'm interested in seeing how these look but apparently no one has gotten them. Most people have only gotten the 5500k bulbs and those have gotten generally bad reviews from people saying they're even whiter than the old 5000k kit and some are even slightly yellow.

As you can see this doesn't leave me too optimistic for the 6500k but I'd still like to see them so if anyone has any pictures or even feedback on them that'd be great.

Thanks!!!
    videos 4x4

The reviews you have read have been from people not waiting for the bulbs to bed in correctly. Once bedded in they are the colour they are described as mate.

I have fitted a heap of 6500K but I haven't seen pics of them once there bedded in so I cant help there. I do know there 5500K is pretty much identical to the Osram CBI once bedded in as I have quads with CBIs in the RX 350s and the XB 5500K in my mini 6.0 high beam projectors.

Comment

Originally posted by mick. View Post
      The reviews you have read have been from people not waiting for the bulbs to bed in correctly. Once bedded in they are the colour they are described as mate.

I have fitted a heap of 6500K but I haven't seen pics of them once there bedded in so I cant help there. I do know there 5500K is pretty much identical to the Osram CBI once bedded in as I have quads with CBIs in the RX 350s and the XB 5500K in my mini 6.0 high beam projectors.
      Picks of output and colour please? I'm going with rx350 and mini h1 6.0 when I start my new build.

Comment

They look the same as the other 100 pics of RX350s with CBIs in them on here. lol

Comment

I just finished my retrofit and these are Morimoto XB35 6500k's in MINI D2S 3.0. I still think the drive side needs a little more adjusting, but it's good for now.

20150315_200815.jpg20150315_200851.jpg

Comment

^^ Nice and thanks for posting...

Do you have any pics from the side or the top of the headlamp? The picture from straight on makes them look pretty blue... Are they that blue?
            videos 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by mick. View Post
              The reviews you have read have been from people not waiting for the bulbs to bed in correctly. Once bedded in they are the colour they are described as mate.I have fitted a heap of 6500K but I haven't seen pics of them once there bedded in so I cant help there. I do know there 5500K is pretty much identical to the Osram CBI once bedded in as I have quads with CBIs in the RX 350s and the XB 5500K in my mini 6.0 high beam projectors.
              Are you sure?? There are countless photos of people unhappy with their 5500k bulbs displaying an actual yellow GREENISH color, and although there's been reports of people saying their color has shifted SLIGHTLY after 40hrs or so, no one has posted pictures to prove it. I had the the old 3five 5000k bulbs and I can say personally they were pure white with an ever so slight blue tint right out of the box. Atleast 60% of the people who have bought the new XB35 5500k are reporting them to be around a 4100k color and only shifting up to a possible 4700k at most after use. I would expect them to be slightly more blue than the old 5000k but obviously that's not the case. Did Morimoto change manufacturers or something?
              Last edited by engineer2012; March 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM.
              videos 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by engineer2012 View Post
                Are you sure?? There are countless photos of people unhappy with their 5500k bulbs displaying an actual yellow GREENISH color, and although there's been reports of people saying their color has shifted SLIGHTLY after 40hrs or so, no one has posted pictures to prove it. I had the the old 3five 5000k bulbs and I can say personally they were pure white with an ever so slight blue tint right out of the box. Atleast 60% of the people who have bought the new XB35 5500k are reporting them to be around a 4100k color and only shifting up to a possible 4700k at most after use. I would expect them to be slightly more blue than the old 5000k but obviously that's not the case. Did Morimoto change manufacturers or something?
                Yeap... New XB35s are manufactured by Yeaky, and olds were CNLight.

Completely different (suposed to be better), but colorwise its very difficult to compare a bulb to another, and a 500k color difference are so easily fooled by just different salt mix or design, tube, etc.

Chevrolet Astra 2.0
                OEM Hella E55 frosted lens with 4-position Eletric Leveling
                Yeaky 5500k @ Hyluxtek ASIC DSP 50W

Comment

On the other end, I'm waiting for TRS to start selling 3800k D2S bulbs again... Might have to give my personal set to a customer who wants better wet road visibility and drop my CBI's back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto View Post
                    Yeap... New XB35s are manufactured by Yeaky, and olds were CNLight.

Completely different (suposed to be better), but colorwise its very difficult to compare a bulb to another, and a 500k color difference are so easily fooled by just different salt mix or design, tube, etc.
                    Well to be completely fair even the people with the green 5500k bulbs do say they ARE brighter than the old bulbs, although I'd expect that given the trade-off with the horrid mis-identified color. And colorwise it might be hard to compare true but if you search this forum the old 5000k bulbs (white slight slight blue) and the new 5500k (greenish/yellow white AFTER break-in) are put side-by-side and you can see the difference clear as day.

The picture in your signature are Cnlight 5000K? Looks VERY nice but higher than 5k especially at 45w...
                    videos 4x4

Comment

Thats actually not true in regards to who makes the bulbs. Not a bad guess though given the H series lineup, but the D series are different.

I've never seen this mysterious green 5K color that people seem to complain about, but that's just me

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                      * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

So two different manufacturers make the D and H series bulbs? I love my H7 4300k XB35 that I bought late last year, was considering getting a 5500k D2S XB series set soon.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by engineer2012 View Post
                          Well to be completely fair even the people with the green 5500k bulbs do say they ARE brighter than the old bulbs, although I'd expect that given the trade-off with the horrid mis-identified color. And colorwise it might be hard to compare true but if you search this forum the old 5000k bulbs (white slight slight blue) and the new 5500k (greenish/yellow white AFTER break-in) are put side-by-side and you can see the difference clear as day.

The picture in your signature are Cnlight 5000K? Looks VERY nice but higher than 5k especially at 45w...
                          This signature picture is edited and zoomed to show the cutoff.

This is how it really looks like with an not edited picture. This is phone camera, in real life I would say they are creamy white with a hint of yellow and blue/purple/orange/red only in the cutoff.

IMG_20140814_220842.jpg

Before those I had 6000k 45W straight tube CNLights at 50W and they were totally white with very little blue. When changed to 5000k 45w ball-shape at 50W at first I thought it was too yellow, but after break-in they became more white, with just the right amount of yellow that I was looking for use in bad rainy weather.

I think when new they were ~4000k. Now after ~50 hours they are at ~4500k. With time I believe they will go up to ~4750k.
                          Last edited by Alberto; March 17th, 2015, 05:10 PM.

Chevrolet Astra 2.0
                          OEM Hella E55 frosted lens with 4-position Eletric Leveling
                          Yeaky 5500k @ Hyluxtek ASIC DSP 50W

Comment

are the new 6500K any different then the 6000K that TRS was selling last month before the price drop? Or did they just decide to call it a 6500K now. I have the new 6000K XB35 H11 and for me it still pulls on yellow, ever so slightly but they are very bright. They do not look blue in any way to me what so ever. They currently have about 20 hours on them.

Comment

I Installed the new morimoto 5500k bulbs in friends Genesis coupe and the color is white to me. Fog lights in night pic are stock, In the day pic the Fogs are led.

Comment

Working...
                              X