Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you stick a custom shield on a Mini H1 projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you stick a custom shield on a Mini H1 projector?

hey everyone.well like the title says..i need to know how to install a custom shield like say,the prism tail,z tail from aluminum on the the original mini h1,shield?

1.i attempted to glue it together( lol) using jb weld ,which did work pretty decent,but when i turned on the hid bulb i noticed that smoke was coming out of the bowl,i tought eventually the smoke will go away,i leftbit on for like 10 minutes and it was still smoking, so i took it apart to try another method.

2.i decided to glue the shield(lol)with locktight and stuck the custom shield to the original h1,shield which did stick on better then the jb weld.so i installed the lens back on an the hid bulb qnd no smoke was coming out but it after afew minutes i noticed the shield coming off.😰

3.so now on my 3rd attempt i will be soldering the custom shield to the original h1,shield,hopefulky that will work better unless you guys know a better way to install the custom shield.
    reason i want to install a custom shield is because i was attepting to do a prism tail on the original h1 shield with not so great results,ended up shaving the original shield down with my dremel and that's when i noticed that the shield was dropped way too low comoared to the unmodified h1,projector,so instead of trying to order the shield from TRS (not sure if they even sell it seperately)that's when i decided on doing a custom z tail !prism line/star which right away made the cut off look sweet,had darker blue,purple all the way across and ,red,green,yellow on the z tail.but now i'm stumped on how to keep the shield stuck to the original shield.

btw i am using a soda can to do the shield,not trying to look through my local hardware store for the aluminum flasjing sheets.

anyhow i need the help of all the experts here on hidplanet.
    2001 Honda Civic LX sedan 5spd classic/generic mini H1 projectors w/custom shield.

The easiest, safest, and most sure way of attaching the shield is using a screw.
    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImagioX1 View Post
      The easiest, safest, and most sure way of attaching the shield is using a screw.

dang it,yeah i think your right,it is going to be extra difficult to install a screw on the tiny shields,ima try the soldering method and see if it sticks/holds the shield in place,if not ima have to visit my local hardware store to buy a couple of tiny screws.thanks for your reply.
      i also want to do a prism line just above the cut off,i tried it in the past and it cam out nice and it was way easier to cut through the custom shield since i was using a soda can aluminum,i would rather use flashing aluminum from a hardware store but i think it might be to difficult to cut the prism line with a razor blade?any advise?
      2001 Honda Civic LX sedan 5spd classic/generic mini H1 projectors w/custom shield.

Comment

Working...
      X