• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTpro
    replied
    Originally posted by satrya View Post
    +1
    Projectors designed to be exposed to the elements (like most auxiliary halogen projector foglights such as Hella Micro DE, Hella Optilux, and most sealed Hella or Valeo low beam projectors) seal the gap between the lens and the lens holder, and they have a built in venting/breathing mechanism.

Projectors designed to be mounted inside a housing may survive depending on the actual environmental exposure, but isn't likely to be as durable in the long run.

@OP: all that shiny metal makes it look attractive for some reason.
    It does doesn't it. haha

Leave a comment:

• GTpro
    replied
    Originally posted by powerz69 View Post
    I thought someone from here was designing those pods. I remember seeing prototypes being made up in a thread.
    Yes, I was talking about this retrofit that I first saw the idea from: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-Mini-H1/page2
    I would still make my own since I plan to use this for my next and most looked forward to retrofit I will be doing for my car.

Leave a comment:

• charlesb2003
    replied
    Now this might be exactly what I'm looking for! Hmmm... gives me lots of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    Originally posted by axipher View Post
    With that setup, I would be much more worried about moisture and salt/sand/chemicals getting in the projector and damaging the internal. For me up here in Northern Ontario, it can swing from above freezing to below freezing in a matter of hours, I'd be worried about water getting in then freezing more than damage to the lens themselves.
    +1
    Projectors designed to be exposed to the elements (like most auxiliary halogen projector foglights such as Hella Micro DE, Hella Optilux, and most sealed Hella or Valeo low beam projectors) seal the gap between the lens and the lens holder, and they have a built in venting/breathing mechanism.

Projectors designed to be mounted inside a housing may survive depending on the actual environmental exposure, but isn't likely to be as durable in the long run.

@OP: all that shiny metal makes it look attractive for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• MilosB
    replied
    Fog need to be very wide and dont require to throw light far in fron of the car. Low and high beam need to spread the light tottaly difrentlly so dont mix frogs with horses

Leave a comment:

• Nuvolari
    replied
    I'm gonna do LS430, biXenon with 50w ballasts for my next fog retro.

People are going a little crazy with fog lights, lol. FXR's would be a bit much, no?

Leave a comment:

• Sadden
    replied
    I never had moisture problems with my OEM projector fogs. However over time the lenses will get sandblasted from road debris. Especially up here. Its a problem easily solved with some 3m.

Eventually I am going to go with FXR 3.0's for my foglights.

Leave a comment:

• TRSAndrew
    replied
    That's pretty cool. I need something like this for my bike project unless I can find a housing for this flat shield LS460R.

Leave a comment:

• BVC
    replied
    Originally posted by RunninWild View Post
    I might give them a shot. Is bixenon necessary for fog lights though? If you used yellow bulbs and had them on high beam would it look weird with 4300k main lights?
    high beams on your fogs is a personal choice. You may gain some more light but I wouldn't set out for that setup just to have it. And no, you don't want to run the fogs on high beam mode because you'll blind everyone in front of you

Originally posted by axipher View Post
    With that setup, I would be much more worried about moisture and salt/sand/chemicals getting in the projector and damaging the internal. For me up here in Northern Ontario, it can swing from above freezing to below freezing in a matter of hours, I'd be worried about water getting in then freezing more than damage to the lens themselves.
    ^My exposed projectors are OEM equipment on my fusion.. I think if it was that big of an issue for ford they wouldn't have ran them as long as they did. Especially back home in colorado where it can be 80 degrees today and 5 degrees tonight

Leave a comment:

• axipher
    replied
    Originally posted by BVC View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about the lens too much.

I have about 40k miles on my exposed projectors and no major issues. I can take photos of them tomorrow but yeah, nothing to be worried about.

Anywho, looks interesting. Who’s going to try?

Leave a comment:

• RunninWild
    replied
    I might give them a shot. Is bixenon necessary for fog lights though? If you used yellow bulbs and had them on high beam would it look weird with 4300k main lights?

Leave a comment:

• BVC
    replied
    I wouldn’t worry about the lens too much.

I have about 40k miles on my exposed projectors and no major issues. I can take photos of them tomorrow but yeah, nothing to be worried about.

Anywho, looks interesting. Who’s going to try?

Leave a comment:

• powerz69
    replied
    I thought someone from here was designing those pods. I remember seeing prototypes being made up in a thread.

Leave a comment:

• GTpro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jouwd View Post
    Goodbye Lenses lol
    Yes, obviously I wouldn't want to leave the lenses open to the elements either.

Leave a comment:

• michael.kozera
    replied
    i tried 3m on my foglights and altho yes it did work, it got worn out very fast, like 1 winter and it needed replacement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X