Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4300k too blue

Hey guys!
    so about a month and a half ago I retrofitted my 2009 honda civic lights with a mini h1 kit from TRS. Cool,! I don't another retro before on my 08 crv, which I still have and they look very nice and bright. On the civic however, they don't seem as bright. First I'm gonna lay out the parts I used to be clear. On the civic I have the mini h1 6.0 bixenon, with the morimoto 3five 4300k bulbs and the amp 3five ballasts. On the crv, the kit is almost 2 years old, morimoto mini h1 6.0 bixenon, 5000k morimoto 3five bulbs, and amp 3five ballasts. Issue I'm having, the civic 4300k bulbs don't seem as bright as the 5k. I was driving behind the crv and you can tell the difference. Also, the beam width on the crv goes clear to the side and it's bright all the way across when on the civic it seems to fade quickly. Parked the cars side by side and again you can see the difference. The 4300k bulbs give out a much bluer light the the 5000k do, when actually the 4300 should go more toward the yellowish side. It feels like I'm not getting the full potential out of the kit like my crv 5000k kit gives out. Also one side is dimmer then the other. The whole kit is dimmer, almost looks like a eBay kit. Contacted TRS bout week ago but probably message got lost never got an answer. I'll contact them again but anyone know what could be? Bulb? Projector? Doubt it's the ballasts.
    thank ya!
    Last edited by daniel714; November 29th, 2014, 09:13 AM.

Since the parts are all H1 based, it would help if you swapped the bulbs and ballasts to see where the problem persists with.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Sounds like the bulbs to me. However the ballasts could be at fault? Lower than 35w being thrown at the bulbs if that's possible. Weird it's on both sides tho?
      2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Probably bulbs or ballast

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
        FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

Also forgot to mention, the crv has a relay harness and the civic doesn't. I'm starting to think that this could be a issue. I have another set of 4300k that I got as spare and I'll swap it. Could the relay harness regulate the voltage coming in the ballasts? Maybe right now it's not enough going they the stock wiring.

Comment

I highly doubt it's the relay. The ballast regulates power. And just needs 9 - 18v (iirc) to just turn on.

Comment

I'd give it a week or two to see if the colors balance out, if nothing changes then definitely get them warrantied by TRS

Comment

It's already been over a month. They seem to get bluer and dimmer.

Comment

I have noticed excatly the same thing with my brand new 3five 4300k bulbs, they seem to be very blue. Very much like 6000k.

Comment

I'd get trs to swap out the bulbs then. I had issues with my 3five bulbs a long time ago (that I got from BVC) and after trs swapped them out, all was good.

Comment

Oh wow I'm not the only 1. Yes they look like 6000k

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy318 View Post
                        I'd get trs to swap out the bulbs then. I had issues with my 3five bulbs a long time ago (that I got from BVC) and after trs swapped them out, all was good.
                        Really??

I donít remember that haha were they for the FX-R?

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                          Really??

I don’t remember that haha were they for the FX-R?
                          The h1 bulbs that you sent me with the mini h1 projectors/

Comment

Oh yeah. TRS replaced em right?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Working...
                              X